28

You groaned and got up to go into the kitchen. The refrigerator light hit your face just to show the fruits and vegetables waiting neatly in the drawers. "Seriously?" You threw your head back and grabbed an apple before sitting down and turning on the TV. Keeping an eye on the time, you made sure to make it back to your dorm before class ended for everyone to avoid confrontation.

Thankfully nobody came up. Even more surprising that Izuku didn't. After a bit you snuck downstairs and peeked around the corner when there was a lot of talking, no, arguing. Gossip. "Dude you can't say that." It was difficult matching the voice to your thought to be friends. The people that were trusted, or used to be at least.

"Think about it. It can make it dangerous for all of us." "You don't know what you're talking about."

The stiff voice that talked choppy like someone in charge was easy though. Ida. "I do have to agree with the rest of our class with this matter, Midoriya. It's much too dangerous. For her, and for us. Please, don't take this the wrong way. No matter what we don't have a say in the matter. It's merely opinions and viewpoints."

"What difference should it make? You guys all treated her as one of you when she had power, so why? Why should it matter if she has a quirk or not."

"It's dangerous. She could end up being dead weight. She could get killed. Someone who's quirkless has no reason to be in the hero course."

"She earned her spot." Izuku's voice became more stern. It sounded like he was getting irritated but more so upset.

"Yeah, guys. Did you forget? She was also almost taken too."

"Exactly. Kirishima's right. She still has a quirk. It was just overused. She used it fighting that flame villain Dabi. She took him on by herself so that I could get to Kota and save him before it was too late. She knew the risks. She was ready to give her life to save him, so don't treat her like an average citizen who's done nothing. I guarantee that she's done more and put more on the line than most of you."

"Deku, they have a point though. She can get really hurt."

"It could've been just a damn rumor. That blonde bastard could be lying. Either way, Floaty Girl your weak ass could get hurt just as easily. Did you forget that I train combat with her? Huh? She's the best there is besides me. She has better abilities than you. I'm the best there is. Are you insulting me and what I can do? My skills?" There was silence for a few seconds before an uncomfortable cough.

"Thanks, Kacchan. The issue I'm having with you guys is you were only seeing her for her power, not as a person with her own qualities. I thought she was finally making friends but it was because she could hold her own and the extra weight."

"She's gonna end up holding us back. Quirkless people are weak. They don't have powers." "Yeah, I can't imagine being quirkless."

" So what? Are you guys even thinking about how she could be feeling?" Izuku's voice was cracking. It must've been hard for him. Considering he was quirkless and here he was defending his sister. He took a breath, "You guys treated her the same up to this point. Her power was out of commission ever since the summer camp. She still went to save Kacchan even though she knew it was a bad idea. If she had told you guys before you wouldn't have let her go would you? Open your eyes. It doesn't matter if she has power or not. You guys are sounding like jerks. You're supposed to be her friends." You heard him sniffle before he mumbled something. "She would die to save all of you, and here you guys are talking about her like she's some... villain or outcast."

"Deku..." Uraraka softly said but you heard the couch creak before he walked into the kitchen and splashed water on his face.

"It shouldn't matter. She got in the same way all of you did except I imagine it was harder. She fought in the same fights as you guys and took care of herself until her body couldn't keep up. The fact that most of you are treating her differently because of stupid quirks is wrong and messed up."