Courting by the Carnival

Ron's PoV

After the encounter, the rain calmed down. I took a deep breath and called in my car. I made my way out of the canteen, walked across the student-filled wall, and finally, I was greeted by the steel black car. By the door was Jake in a jet black suit. I grinned, waved hello to him and he helped me place my bag behind the trunk of his car. I'd always chuckle because I don't actually have a place to live... But my driver was nice enough to drive me around to get food or something. I got inside the car, sat at the comfy leather seat and let the driver take me around the city.

The sky had darkened as my car passed by the gloomy night.

"By the way Ron, where are you staying now that your suite was destroyed?" Jake asked.

"I don't know Jake," I told him.

"Well you could always stay in my penthouse," Jake offered.

Suddenly, my eyes were attracted to a park not far from the road I was in.

I waved my hand to get the driver's attention, "Hey, can you take me there," I asked as I aimed my finger at the area sprawling with light.

Jake followed, even with superspeed, at times I would still be excited whenever the car would be driving too fast and after a minute of blur, I found myself at the parking lot in front of the park's entrance.

I noticed I was still in my uniform, so I pulled out a drawer below my seat and picked up whatever was there. I changed to a brown jacket, over an orange shirt, a scarf around it, a pair of sneakers and jeans that had one of my wallets.

I left the car, told him to pick me up in an hour.

I closed the door, the vehicle drove off into the distance, leaving me with a cloud of dirt. And I just realized I could have just told him to stay and I'd just go to the car when I wanted to go home... Well, it's too late now.

I went to the entrance, walked towards what I'm guessing is the entrance cashier. I paid my entrance fee and was allowed to enter.

I turned to gaze into the nightly scene. Red and white tents stood by the entrance. Lightbulbs inside glass containers illuminated the gravel path. People smiled and cheered as they mesmerized themselves with the park's amusements.

It was a carnival night. I wandered around and familiarized myself with what the carnival had to offer. I walked the wide gravel path that lead to an intersection. But I was far from that, I was still taking a stroll.

Eventually, I recognized a friend from the cheering squad.

"Hey, Cielo," I greeted.

"Ron!" she sounded surprised, "Good seeing you here!"

I accompanied her as we went to the other side of the carnival to buy food.

An entire road was lined with food trucks, tent stores and other stations.

To my surprise, other girls from my batch were there.

We went to the one near the popcorn, my head was a bit tired from what happened earlier. So it was nice seeing people smile.

"Oh by the way," I called her attention, "I wasn't able to thank you for helping me back in Sportsfest."

"It's fine," she replied, "We kind of suspected something wrong might happen to you since you weren't in your cane around that time."

"But still... thanks," I told her.

She rested her head against my bicep, "I hope you don't mind," she said to me, "My head is still worn out from what happened earlier."