Inciting Incident

Mally's PoV

I left the town and went to sleep in the woods. At my dreams, the Selrius's words echoed: You're one of us, no one could defeat her, unstoppable.

Then it became a short visual dream where it ended on a guy that had a knife impaled to his chest. 

Out of shock, I woke up from my dream. Now, it was the day for Annalie's execution. I didn't much need help to find the place where the execution would be held. I just followed the sound of chants, shouts and rambles of the people as they cheered for the executive. I arrived at the town's square and made my way through the crowd where I found the rest of the group. In front of us was Annalie and the three girls tied to stakes.

Miles noticed me, "Mally where were you last night?" he asked.

"I went exploring and eventually fell asleep somewhere," I replied.

"Not the first time you ran away but we're fine with that," Miles commented.

Then the judge came up the stairs, "You four have been found guilty of witchcraft and are hereby sentenced to death by burning at the stakes," he shouted.

The four girls were tied together in a large stake. 

"Oh crap," Erïs cursed.

"What is it?" Armando asked.

"Fire dampens out powers unless we focus strong enough," Erïs replied. I didn't seem worried since I have never seen any person as determined and focus as Annalie, when she wants it, she'll get it.

The judge approached Annalie, "And you!" he exclaimed, "You are the vilest of all! cursed by wretched and filthy you call gods of this Greece!"

"Oohhhh," Miles reacted.

"What now?" I asked.

"The guy just insulted the Greek pantheon," he responded.

"So what?" I questioned.

"Ron loves greek mythology," Miles replied, "And I learned the sad mistake of insulting it. One time, I argued that if greek mythology is so great why did Christianity took down the temples and conquered the area, thus eradicating the practices of the old greek myths," he let out an awkward sound with his teeth seen and pulled to side lips, "I left the conversation thinking I outsmarted the history nerd. Ron then paid the electric company not to give us electricity for a week and Ron even fried up our back-up generators."

I let out a small chuckle, if my brother was here, he would have made a lightning bolt or probably impress the town's folk with his appeal and become somewhat of their king. Then a cold shiver crept up on me, I realized that Ron was also a feared hunter, he had killed more Selrius in his own than the group combined, if we do have a fight, I just hope that I'll have what it takes to survive. 

Then I focused back to the present, I saw the judge with a torch and he lit up a trail of hay. Inch by inch, the fire came closer to my sister and I could see she struggled to get out.

"The world will shake for the innocent! The world will shake for the innocent!

The world will shake for the innocent!" she shouted desperately, she locked her eyes towards Miles and me, then continued to shout. 

Suddenly, the ground below us began to tremble. Soon it became so rampant that a nearby building crumbled into a hill of rubble. 

We knew it was Annalie who caused it but we pretended to be shocked. As the earthquake settled, the people began to argue with one another.