gurukul part 1

this is the first part of when the four brothers go to gurukul so I hope you guys like it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ram walks into the twins' room and says "Laksh wake up. It's time to go to breakfast."

When Lakshman doesn't reply Ram says "If you don't wake up Shatru will get your share of Laddoos from Kaushalya ma."

Hearing this Lakshman hops off his bed rushes to the toilet and gets ready and runs off to Kaushalya. Ram smiles at his brother's innocence and follows him to his mother's room.

Just as Ram enters the room Kaushalya sees Lakshman running towards her and she says "I was wondering where my Laksh was."

Jumping on Kaushalya's lap Lakshman says "bade ma I hope shatru didn't come yet. I want you to feed me laddoos."

"I'm right here you know Bhaiya," Shatrughan says entering the room with his mother Sumitra and Bharat

Lakshman just sticks his tongue out at Shatrughan and turns to face Kaushalya.

Kaushalya smiles at the antics of the twins and says "after you have your breakfast."

Together Sumitra, Kaushalya, and the four brothers go to the dining table and eat their breakfast. Lakshman and Shatrughan are wished happy birthday and get fed laddoos by their mothers, brothers and father.

(2 days later)

Shatrughan walks up to Sumitra and says "ma, don't pack anything extra, I feel like I won't be needing all those things in Gurukul."

"Since when has my shatru grown up so much?" asks a surprised Sumitra.

A couple of minutes later the family is done packing the stuff for the four boys.

Kaushalya turns to Ram and says "Ram you better take care of your brothers while at Gurukul. Understood?"

"Ji ma. why wouldn't I take care of them?" after all they are my baby brothers are they not?" Ram replies

Sumitra smiles at what ram says and then turns to her own boys and says "Shatru, Laksh remember, while at Gurukul, treat your brothers with respect. Follow their every order and Gurudev's. Your brothers and Gurudev will be like your parents while there so promise me that you will do as I say and protect your brothers"

"We will ma," both Shatrughan and Lakshman reply in unison

(Gurukul)

Soon with sumantra, the four boys leave to spend the next 10 years in Gurukul. Once every year the Maharishi allows the boys to return to Ayodhya, except for the last five years. The four boys were well taught in every aspect a Kshatriya was expected to. They excelled in their academics and their practical. Ram excelled with the bow and arrow, Lakshman with the sword, Bharat in medicine, and Shatrughan in warfare.

The other boys in the Gurukul were often jealous of the four brothers. Not only were they good in academics and things related to warfare, but it was also because of the close bond that they shared. The bond that the brothers shared didn't sit well with many of the other boys and they often resented them for it. The four brothers ignored the looks that they got most of the time, though Lakshman was ready to teach them a lesson. Lakshman was the tallest and well-built in all four of the brothers, and he could easily beat the other boys.

One day while practising with the sword a boy called Aakash comes to Lakshman and says "why don't my Gang vs you and your brothers and have a small competition? for archery to see who is the best at archery."

Lakshman nods and says "okay Aakash. I will just go get my brothers." 

Maharishi Vashisht who was sitting in the distance witnessed, the whole conversation smiled to himself. 

Lakshman went and got his brothers and the battle commenced and it was a long one. all the students were good but Ram and his brothers were better and won the competition.

Lakshman goes to Aakash after the competition and says before he left with his brothers "Aakash we won today. it is proven who the best archers are at this Gurukul so please never try this again."

(The hut of the four brothers)

"you guys did good," Ram says smiling fondly at his brothers once they were in their hut.

"We did good Bhaiaya but you were the best without you we wouldn't have won the competition," Shatrughan says jumping up and down 

"I'm not that good Shatru. I practice a lot with my bow and arrows that's why I'm better than a lot of people but if anyone has a duel with our Laksh with a duel he will surely win because he is better with the sword," Ram replies. 

the brothers smile at their brother's response. Ram opens his arms for a hug and the three younger brothers go hug their brother, and they don't let o for a long time. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

hope you guys like this chapter. this is one of my longest chapters so I hope you guys like it.