exiled for 14 years

Hey guys this is a really long chapter. I hope you like it. just to let you know beforehand I haven't mentioned the gifts that Bharat and Shatrughan got their wives.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's been two years since the four couples have gotten married. This wedding anniversary is going to be interesting. 

(Lakshman's gift to Urmila)

Lakshman wakes up really early to give a surprise to his beloved Mila. He wakes up to see her beautiful sleeping face right next to him. He slowly gets out of bed and gets dressed, then comes back into the room to wake Urmila up.

"Urmi, wake up I have a surprise for you. And you're going to love it," Lakshman says, though it is weird for him to call his wife Urmi he still sometimes calls her that.

"What is it Lakshman? You keep me up for most of the night and then you wake me up really early the next morning," asks a tried and pouting Urmila wanting to sleep.

Unable to hold back Lakshman says "you know the Lake that I always talk about I was planning on taking you there. So if you can you please get up and get dressed. The sunrise there is amazing and I don't want to miss it."

Upon hearing that they will be going there, Urmila immediately gets up gets dressed. And they quickly get to the stables and they get on the horses and ride of in the direction of the lake. They get there just in time to see the sunrise. While they watch the sunrise, Urmila is in the arms of Lakshman where she felt the safest, even safer than in the arms of her father.

They start to talk and soon the talking turn into a really intimate moment for them. Urmila soon realises why her beloved bought her here today upon all days. She kisses Lakshman and thanks to him for the wonderful two hours that they spent there, but requests to go back to the palace. They hurry back to the palace just in time to hear the news that Ram was going to be crowned king in a couple of days. The entire kingdom was celebrating.

(Ram's gift to Sita)

"Siya wake up," Ram whines when Sita doesn't get up 

"What is it, Ram? I'm really tired let me sleep," Sita says 

"I got a surprise for you. come!" Ram says like a child pulling Sita's arm 

"give me a minute let me get ready at least," Sita says getting up. 

after Sita gets ready Ram takes her into a small part of the Garden that only Ram and Lakshman knew about and should her what he made her. it was a small painting of Sita's family back in Ayodhya. Sita hugs Ram and thanks  him for her wonderful gift. 

(one or two days later)

Kaikeyi hears the news and is extremely pleased but her servant Mantra, however, is not. She slowly starts to poison her mistress's mind and eventually convinces her to use the two boons that the king granted her many years ago. Kaikeyi agrees and goes to the king and asks for her two boons to be fulfilled. The king agrees and his wife asks her two wishes. The king first refuses but the queen makes him realise that he has to stay true to his word as a Ranguvanshi king. The king stays true to his word and declares his second son the future king of Ayodhya and he exiles his oldest son for fourteen years.

Lakshman not being able to stay away from his brother for more than a couple of hours requests his brother if he can come with him. Ram agrees reluctantly.

"Bhaiya you know that I cannot live without you," Lakshman says.

Thinking about Urmila Ram says "What about Urmila, Lakshman? As much as I am your lifeline so is she. You won't be able to stay away from her for that long."

"compared to you I can stay away from her is easy and I will stay away from her as long as I need to as I did while during our stay in Mithila," Lakshman replies to his brother

Ram agrees reluctantly after the conversation. Sita also requests her husband and Ram refuses at first but then after a while, he agrees.

When Lakshman goes to tell his beloved wife about his decision of him wanting to go with his brother.

"Laksh, why are you doing this to me? I know that your brother is more important to you but how will I be able to live without you for 14 years," asks a confused and distressed Urmila

"I can't live without you either but I cannot allow you to come with me to the forests as my concentration will be on you instead of Bhaiya and Bhabhi. And I won't be able to protect them like I am supposed to Mila," Lakshman replies

"Sita didi is coming with you and Ram jijashree? Can you tell me who else is leaving so I can prepare myself for these fourteen years ahead of us and this family?" Urmila says now getting angry.

"It's me, Ram bhaiya and Sita Bhabhi only. Mila, please don't be angry I am just doing my duty,"

"Sorry Lakshman, I didn't get that angry. I was just frustrated that you didn't take my opinion before taking this decision," Urmila replies

After a couple of days, the trio leaves for the forests to live in for the next fourteen years. During the first few days, Lakshman tries to stay awake so he can protect his sister-in-law and his brother. Soon he is unable to.

The goddess of sleep visits him and tells him of the consequence if he stays awake for a couple more days. He requests her to see if there is a way of him being able to stay awake and protect his brother and sister-in-law. When the goddess tells him the way, he requests her to go to his wife and see if she is willing to take his sleep for fourteen years.

(Back in Ayodhya)

The Sleep goddess visits Urmila while she was getting the bed ready for her to sleep. The goddess tells Urmila the conversation that she had with Lakshman, and Urmila is happy that her husband thought of her as the first person, to give his sleep to. Urmila accepts happily.

The next morning Kriti comes into the room of her sister thinking 'this is weird Urmi didi normally is the first one to wake up.'

When she tries to wake Urmila up, Urmila doesn't get up. Getting worried, Keerthi calls her mothers-in-law and older sister. When they come they ask what is wrong and she tells them what is happening. They also try to wake Urmila up. Vashisht maharishi comes in and tells them what actually happens. When he does they all relax knowing that Urmila is still alive.