Arrival in Ayodhya and the wedding night

in this chapter you will see a bond between the four brothers and their older sister when they take their wives to go receive her blessings, you will also see the bond between the two lovebirds the story is about.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The wedding is over and, the Ayodhya royal family are just waiting for the parents of the brides to let them go to their new home. Maharaja Dashrath promises king Janak that he will wait for as long as he needs so that Janak can finally get ready to let his four daughters go. Janak was very happy at the fact that Dashrath gave him as much time as he needed.

(Later in the day)

"Swami, you will have to let our girls go. It is extremely heartbreaking for us too but they have to leave and go to their new home. Just like I and Chandrabhaga came here by marrying you and Kushadhwaj they will go to their new home. They can visit whenever and we can visit whenever. Please try to understand, that this is what was always destined to happen. If it didn't happen now it would have happened later. We cannot stop what fate has written for us," rani sunina says trying to console her husband

"Bhabhi is right Bhaiya we cannot hold on to our daughters any longer, they have given us the joys that we didn't have many years ago. This is the right time. We can visit them anytime they like. Plus look on to the bright side, they will have to come back here when they give birth to their children, right?" Kushadhwaj says agreeing with his sister-in-law

Just as the discussion was going on Urmila and sita walk into the room. They see the dull face of their father and they immediately go hug him.

Urmila steps back and looking into the eyes of her father she enquires with a still innocent face of hers "pitaji if you don't give us a happy send-off how will we be happy in Ayodhya, where there will be an entirely new environment and many new rules that we have to follow and learn."

"Urmi is right Pitaji. For us to be happy in our new home you will have to give us a happy send-off. Plus our husbands and the father-in-law have work to attend to in Ayodhya, and they will have to get back as soon as possible," Sita says agreeing with what her younger sister had said.

Surprised by the maturity of her daughters sunina turns to her husband and says "Swami, even our girls agree to what we were just talking about. And look they have already become part of the Ayodhya royal family."

Finally agreeing, Janak turns to shatanad and asks him to make the preparations for his daughters to leave the next day. The Priest leaves and starts to make the preparations. A word of command was sent to Maharaja Dashrath, about Janak's decision. The king of Ayodhya is extremely happy and tells his sons to get ready to get back.

(The next day)

The four princesses of Mithila were sent off to their new home. Though they were crying they were sent off with a smile. On the way to Ayodhya, the family stops to finish a ritual.

After the ritual finishes Ram turn to his father and asks "pitaji me and my brother along with our wives would like to go to didi's home to get blessings from her if it is alright."

After thinking for a while Dashrath says "sure Putra, you can go. But promise me that you will be safe. These forests aren't like the ones in Mithila and it can pose a threat to the princesses so please take care of them during your journey."

Before Ram could reply to his father Lakshman says "we will protect them with our lives Pitaji. They are more to us than anyone else while we are on that journey to didi's home"

Smiling at his brother's reply, Ram just nods. Knowing that his boys are true to their word Dashrath leaves for Ayodhya and informs his three wives that their Bahus will arrive a little later along with the princes. The queens' nod and they get on with their work.

(Journey to Rajkumari Shanta's house)

During the journey to Shanta's house, Lakshman and Urmila were talking "Uma, during our wedding I saw that you had tears in your eyes. I promise you that during our time together I will do my level best to keep you happy and always, stay by your side when you need it even if you won't be my first priority."

Smiling Urmila says "you are my Lakshman, even if are thousands of miles away from I will never forget the love and care that you will give me. Your promise is worthless to me as I know that your love will cause you to that. I understand that I won't be the first priority, but I will have my own duties to perform so I won't mind."

They both smile and silent promise to themselves that they will try to spend their time together as close as possible, even if they have their own duties to perform.

(After arriving at Shanta's house)

Once they arrive at Shanta's house they all go to her front door and knock. When she opens the door. She is unable to recognise her younger brothers since it's been many years since she's seen them.

Noticing that their sister hasn't recognised them Ram steps forward and says "Didi, it's us. Ram, Bharat, Lakshman and Shatrughan. We recently got married and we have come to get your blessings."

"Ram! I couldn't recognise you guys you have grown up so much since I last saw you guys. Wait one minute, I'll come back soon," Shanta says and goes back inside her hut.

Once she came out she had an aarti in her hand. She gave her blessings to her brothers and their new wives. She requested them to stay the night and they did. After that night they took her permission and left.

(In Ayodhya)

"Maharaj where are our sons and their wives? Why is it taking them so long to arrive," one of the queens ask

A smiling Dashrath says "maharani you know Ram won't come back without meeting his people."

All three queens nod in unison agreeing to what their husband just said. They talk for a while as they wait for their sons to arrive. In the middle of their conversation, they hear the sound of a trumpet, so they turn around. They turn to see their sons and their wives riding in their chariots magnificently.

The three queens welcome the three Mithila Rajkumaris and their sons very happily. After welcoming them, the mother of the Rajkumars takes their daughters-in-law into a room to get them ready for their wedding night. After getting the Rajkumaris ready, the queens take them to the rooms that they will be sharing with their husbands.

(Later that night, in Lakshman and Urmila's room)

Urmila was standing by the window looking out while waiting for her husband. She was in deep thought.

'I hope tonight I won't make a fool of myself. I just need to relax I think I am overthinking about what is going to happen. We both love each other so even if I make a complete fool of myself he will love me right?'

While Urmila was thinking about these kinds of things, Lakshman walks into the room. Since Urmila was in such deep thought she didn't hear her husband walk into the room.

"Uma, I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you," Lakshman says while walking into the room

When she hears a voice she jumps out of her skin. She turns around to see her husband.

Seeing how scared his wife got he rushes forward and start to ramble saying "Uma are you alright? I never meant to scare you like that Mila. I hope you can forgive me."

Smiling at her Husband's concern for her she says "Lakshman, can you please calm down. I was in deep thought and didn't hear you coming into the room, that's why I got scared. Honestly, it's fine. It's actually me who should be apologising, for making a mess the first thing on our wedding night."

Lakshman replies "At least I am the only one that gets to see this kind of side in you. Anyway, let me get changed into something more comfortable and come back."

When Lakshman walks away to get changed, and Urmila turns back to face the moon outside. Once Lakshman returns, they talk for a while and do other stuff throughout the night, then peacefully sleep.