flashback

This is just a small flashback that I thought that you guys might like. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ayodya and Mithila were allies for years. They help each other with things that the other kings lack. Ayodya provides Mithila with the military, as Mithila doesn't have a big military. Mithila provides Ayodya with lush fruits and vegetables that can't be grown in the kingdom of Ayodhya.

Mithila got the news that their allies needed help in the war with sankasa. Janak knew that he had to let his brother go to the war and help. Reluctantly he lets his chote bhai go.

The entire two weeks that the younger brother of the king was gone, the entire family was worried. The two teachers of the four Mithila rajkumaris came to give the family moral support. Rani sunina (mother of Sita and Urmila) along with Sita and Urmila were the only ones that looked calm during the entire two weeks.

On the final day before the war finished, everyone was down. Mandavi and Janak looked like they have seen their worst fears come true. Kriti and her mother looked as If they were going to cry at any moment.

Sunina calls both her daughters who were the only ones that were so calm and composed compared to the rest of the family she asks them "Sita, Urmila could you please serve everyone make sure they eat."

Sita replies "don't worry ma we will make sure that everyone eats."

Urmila nods behind her sister. Sunina is surprised by the calmness in both her daughters.

Both Sita and Urmila go off and serve both their gurus and maharishi yagyavalkya's two wives. Then they serve their aunt and parents. When they get to their sisters and serve them they see that they aren't eating.

Urmila turns to mandavi and says "didi you should really eat. If you don't you will fall sick and won't be able to get out of bed for a long time."

"As much as I want to eat Urmi, I can't eat at all. I keep thinking about pitaji and if he is alright," mandavi replies

Urmila says this to her sister getting slightly annoyed "If you don't eat, chote pitaji will definitely not win. Even mata Gargi told us that if we do the things that those close to us love they will always be happy and safe where ever they are."

The Maharshi who had been listening to the entire conversation says "Putri mandavi, what your sister said is correct. If you eat the energy you get will also help your father win the war that he is fighting right now."

"Even if won't eat for yourselves at least please eat for me," sita says looking a little sad.

When neither of her sisters responds sita says this getting an idea that she knew would work "whoever finishes their food first will get a surprise for Gurudev."

"Really?" Asks an innocent Kriti

"Yes, I will give whoever finishes their food first a surpr...." realising what he just said a confused Maharshi asks "a surprise?"

Laughing at what just happened Gargi Devi says to sita " well done Putri you even outwitted one of the greatest scholars in the entire nation."

Everyone turned to see the youngest Rajkumari finishing her food the fastest that she ever has eaten. Everyone smiles at her sheer innocence.

After she finishes her food and washes her hands she goes to her guru and asks "Gurudev what's my surprise. I finished eating my food first."

After thinking for a while the maharishi says "I will tell you a story."

"A story? I love stories. Is it a fairy tale? Asks an eager Kriti

" no putri it's a true story actually. It's about Ayodhya. Everyone gather around I'll tell everyone at the same time," says the maharishi

"But this is my surprise," says a pouting Kriti

"Kriti it's fine it's just a story and it's not only you that loves stories. We all do," says sita with a somewhat serious face

The maharishi begins his story "Maharaj Dashrath is a powerful king. Kind to all his subjects and he loves his family very dearly. His first wife rani Kausalya is one of the calmest people I have ever met. His second wife rani kaykeyi a fierce warrior rode to war with him as his charioteer. The youngest and his final wife rani Sumitra is one of the wisest people I have ever met. Things that our eyes may miss never get past her eyes. All three Queens are beautiful, and when the king married each of them the kingdom rejoiced that they were getting another addition to the family. the beauty of the queens was passed on to their sons, and rani Kaushalya's daughter."

When the maharishi finishes his descriptions of the three Queens of Ayodhya Urmila says "I would like to meet maharani Sumitra she seems like a wonderful person."

"That she is Rajkumari," says a voice from behind the three family elders.

everyone turns to see who that voice belong to they see that Kushadhwaj is back safe and sound. And standing next to him was a strong man with bruises all over his arms.

both the mother immediately gets some bandages upon seeing those wounds and treat them. the man fondly smiles at the two women standing in front of him. they both turn to the Kusadwaj and welcome him back. the king hugs his brother so tightly that his face went slightly red. and the four princesses run up to him and tackle him in a bear hug.

"how long have you been standing here brother?" Janak asks

"Long enough to hear the story that the Maharshi was telling our three mischief-makers, and angel bhaiya," Kushadhwaj replies

" I'm just glad your ok Kushadhwaj" Janak says smiling fondly at his brother.

"that's all thanks to Vijay, he is the general of the army of Ayodya bhaiya. he took some serious blows for me saving my life on multiple occasions," Kushadhwaj says.

The king turns to the man standing next to his brother and says "thank you, Vijay. I don't know how to thank you for saving my brother's life on those occasions that he could have been killed."

"You don't have to thank me, Maharaj. I just did my duty as a soldier," Vijay replies

Smiling at the army General in front of him the king embraces him.

Sita goes up to the man and says "Vijay kaka do you know the Ayodhya really well?"

Turning to the eldest of the Mithila Rajkumari, he says " yes Rajkumari I do. The king is very close with the soldiers of the higher ranks in the army. As for the Queens, they treat me like their own brother.
And for the four rajkumars they will create a ruckus, but the eldest of the four Rajkumar Ram anyone who looks at his calm and serene face they are at peace immediately."

"The Ayodhya royal family really do seem wonderful. I wish we could meet them," rani sunina says

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

glossary

ma- mother

rajkumaris- princesses

chote bhai- younger brother

Maharaj- King 

maharani- Queen 

maharishi- Sage 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you guys like this.