the Swayamvar

After the incident, Ram kept on apologising to Lakshman no matter how many times Lakshman said it is fine.

"Bhaiya will you stop. I'm fine. People get hurt especially when using proper swords while practising. I'll heal. Plus you were distracted. I was never angry at you," says a frustrated Lakshman

"I didn't know you'd be more upset by me asking for your forgiveness. Plus it looks like you made quite an impression on Rajkumari Urmila to have her run towards you when you got hurt Laksh," Ram says finally after thinking for a while.

"What are you talking about Bhaiya? She helped me last time when she cut me when we were duelling," Lakshman says really confused.

Shaking his head at his brother's innocence Ram says "I mean I think you impressed the Rajkumari, Laksh."

"What? You think Rajkumari Urmila might have a crush on me?" Lakshman says with a genuine expression of surprise on his face

"Yes my dear dear baby brother," Ram says smiling at Lakshman

Lakshman just ignores what his brother says and goes to see if there was anything his guru needed.

(A couple of hours later)

Upon entering the Swayamvar hall Bharamrishi Vishvamitra says "you may fight. But against two of my students. Sons of Maharaj Dashrath, princes of Ayodhya, the students of maharishi Vashisht, freer of mata Ahalya and killers of the demoness Tataki."

From behind him both Lakshman and Ram step out. Each and every person in the hall put his sword down, knowing that the Bharamrishi was known to have an extreme rage. Even though the kings and princes present put their swords down they were saying insulting things to the king and how there is no one worthy of lifting the bow of Mahadev.

Unable to control his anger upon hearing that there was no one worthy of lifting the bow of Mahadev Lakshman brings out his bow and arrow and says "You people are insulting such a great king you should be ashamed of yourselves. More importantly, you said that there is no one worthy of lifting Mahadev's bow. ALL OF YOU ARE WRONG! Mere bade bhaiya Ram will be able to do it."

"Lakshman calm down," Ram says with a serene smile on his face

"What Lakshman said is true Ram. You are capable of Lifting the bow of Mahadev. Lift it and save Janak and his family from this humiliation," Vishvamitra says looking at Ram.

Ram takes the blessings of his guru and goes to the bow. He does three rounds around it and respects it. He finally takes hold of the bow and lifts it up with such ease that everyone watches with their mouths open. Sita is extremely happy that she gets to marry the man of her wish and puts a garland around Ram's neck.

Turning to Janak, Ram says "Rajarishi, please send a word to my parents asking them for their consent for this marriage."

Janak nods happily with his daughter's would-be husband. He heard many things about this prince and now he was witnessing it for himself.

But the happiness was soon gone. Parshuram Prabhu came into the hall and with his thunderous voice he says "WHO BROKE THE BOW OF MAHADEV!"

After a discussion, between the Parshuram Prabhu, Urmila, and Ram. The Rajkumar and Rajkumari are able to calm down the sage and get his blessings.

"Can I call you Bhaiya?" asks an innocent Urmila to Ram after Parshuram Prabhu leaves.

Ram nods and Urmila is extremely happy. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

really like this song and I think I t goes with this scene so I put it here 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

here is the swayamvar chapter that everyone wants to read. I hope you liked it. pls, give me feedback.