return to Ayodhya

Of course, if Ram, Sita and Lakshman are returning the entire kingdom, would be happy. In fact, it wasn't only Ayodhya that celebrating it was also Mithila. Both kingdoms were in the joy that the two princes and princess had returned. There wasn't a single person who wasn't celebrating.

As the trio walked up the stairs to greet their mothers, Mothers-in-law, sisters, and brother, Lakshman scanned the area for his beloved Mila. Sumitra seeing this keeps in mind, to talk to Lakshman after the family finishes welcoming them back. But what made Sumitra happy was that her son went as a teenager but had come back turned into a man. She smiled proudly at the eldest twin. And she was even happier that Lakshman had tried his best to protect his Bhabhi and bhaiya, despite the hardships they had faced for the fourteen long years.

She turned to look at Sita and Ram. They both had the most serene smiles in the world to see their beloved family.

Sumitra says to her eldest son Ram and Sita "I am glad that both of you safe. Even Lakshman. I hope he stayed true to his word during these fourteen years and he treated you two like his parents."

Ram replied "no ma. He didn't treat us like his parents, he in fact treated us like we were his Gods. He gave his sleep for fourteen years for us. He was more wounded than me when Sita got kidnapped, he even took the most fatal weapon for me without thinking once about it."

"Yes, ma. Through these fourteen years, Lakshman wasn't my brother-in-law he was more like my son. As Ram said, he protected us putting his life on the edge, not even caring if he died. Even when he took the worst of weapons, he had a smile on his face, knowing that he was able to protect his older brother and me," Sita says looking proudly at her brother-in-law

Sumitra finally turns toward her eldest twin and says "I'm proud of Putra. Not only did you stay true to your word, but you also gave up your world in Ayodhya and followed your Bhabhi and bhaiya. You sacrificed so much in these fourteen years yet you do more than you promised me all those years back."

Lakshman just gives a smile, to all the praise he is getting and doesn't say anything. He greets his other two mothers, his other two sisters-in-law, and finally his twin brother.

"Putra Lakshman, I know you are looking for Urmila. She is in your room. She has been waiting for you for the past 14 years. Go meet her," Sumitra says after Lakshman greets the rest of the family.

Straight after his mother tells him where his wife is Lakshman runs there. He opens his bedroom door to find the room dimly lit. he looks around the entire room and he finally spots his beloved, his Mila, his Uma, his Urmila. after fourteen long and hard years he got to see his world, even though she is his second and most important priority.

he walks up to her sleeping form. he tries to wake her up but when she doesn't wake her up he gets a little worried. maharishi Vashist walks in and reminds Lakshman of the Goddess that visited Lakshman fourteen years ago. Lakshman tanks his guru and requests Nidra Devi to give him his sleep back. while he still has his eyes closed Urmila wakes up.

Seeing that her husband is back safe and sound, she says "Laksh, you have come back."

urmila's voice brings Lakshman back from his trance like state. after seeing that his wife is alright he gives a bone-crushing hug. they don't break apart for a while.

after they break apart Urmila says "you're different Lakshman. you've grown up. you aren't the same person that left me fourteen years ago. the forests did make you into a man. it clearly is shown in your face."

Lakshman replies "The forests were rough Mila. but I kept Bhabhi and Bhaiya safe thanks to you. I will never forget that. I love you."

"I love you too."

after a while of spending time together the couple goes to find the rest of the family. when they do they hear, a conversation.

Bharat says to the entire family "I think it is time for Ram Bhaiya to take his position on the throne Gurudev. I think it's time for him to fulfil Pitaji's request that didn't get fulfilled fourteen years ago."

Backing his brother up Shatrughan says "I think so too. not only is it the wish of this entire family, his followers, but the whole of Ayodhya, and Mithila."

"that's what we think to Gurudev, it is best if you decide when their coronation happens," says a grinning Lakshman.

the entire family turn around to see both Urmila and Lakshman standing together at the doorway. sita immediately runs to her sister and hugs her.

after they finish hugging sita says to Urmila "Urmi, you will be known as one of the greatest women of all time. not only did you accept Laksh for the way he is, but you also sacrificed your world for fourteen whole years just to do her he could fulfil his duty towards me and your brother-in-law."

the rest of the family just smiles at the blessing that sita gives her beloved sister. not only was the couple the story is based on reunited but two sisters' whose bond no one could break no matter how far apart they are.