Chapter 2: ᴍɪssɪᴏɴ

I'm tryna win, don't care how I do it, just know that I did it

Why you so worried 'bout what I be doin'?

Countin' my money ain't makin' you rich

Talkin' down on me don't make you the shit

How my name in your mouth more than your spit?

I really encourage my haters to talk

Throwin' that shade only keepin' me lit, huh

"I did it": DJ Khaled

Q: Have you ever pretended to be anyone else?

EDITED

"Any progress Wilder?" my boss asked.

"Negative Sir. that rat is hiding very well. I know that the name we got is just one of many." I rubbed my jaw in annoyance. It's been 4 fucking months since I began my mission and I barely got anything.

"I do have a clue, Sir. Apparently, his son Victor, or at least that's the name he's been using, is hooking up repeatedly with a girl, she might know something." I informed my boss and he nodded in approval.

"I knew you were good Wilder, you never disappoint. What's her name?" He reclined on his seat, arms crossed.

"Sarah Willson, Sir. I've been seeing them multiple times. They are not in a relationship but he does provide her the drug. Usually, it's once every month but recently she's been asking for it every week."

My boss frowned thinking about the situation. He knew as well as I did that Sarah might know something and she was a good starting point in finding the rat.

"Do you think you can charm her Wilder? I know I'm asking something immoral but we do have to find the rat before the end of the year. If he leaves the country we're doomed."

"I understand Sir. I'll do as you suggest and try to get something from her." He nodded but he looks apologetic.

"I wouldn't ask you for something like this if I didn't know you were single. If you had a girlfriend or you were married I would have looked for other ways. I have a wife home and it would kill me to think that I cheated her with anyone even if it's work-related. You haven't found anyone yet right Wilder?".

"No Sir, I'm still single. Don't worry, I'll get you something soon. I'm getting tired of this chase too, It's been a year already since we began the case."

"You're right! Let's speak in a few weeks then Wilder! Be careful out there and remember, if anything goes wrong you just call and we'll be right there."

I left the office with a bitter taste. I didn't really want to hook up with that girl Sarah. She always reeked of alcohol, cigars, and the stuff she takes. It really disgusted me but I had to do it.

I shook my head and hoped there was no need to fuck her to get the information. I'll try with just a kiss first. At least I can wash my mouth but if I have to fuck her I don't know if I'll be able to erase the image.

She's not ugly but I don't like sleeping with girls that sleep with everyone. I am selective with my hookups.

I checked my phone; 10pm. I had to be at the track soon or they'll suspect. If I wanted to catch the culprit, I have to be very careful with my fake identity.

My phone rang and I sigh once I saw the caller.

"Matt, what the fuck do you want?"

"Lovely as ever Zen, when are you coming?" He asked laughing.
I really hated the man. A drug addict and with a lot of criminal records, but it was also thanks to him that I got into the "team" so I had to suck up with his bulshit. But as soon as the mission was over, I'll be sure to put him behind bars.

"I'll be there soon" I answered and hang up. I didn't want to hear his voice any longer. I'll have to hear him all night anyway.

....

It was past 4 am and most people were wasted. The place was disgusting.

I tried to get to Sarah but Victor was there so I decided to just observe and make my move another day. I have to be alone with her.

Victor tends to be possessive over his things, and apparently, Sarah is one of his things. I swear that I don't understand how she stands that fucker. He abuses her and mistreats her. Fuck, he even fucks other women in front of her.

At first, I pitied her but once I saw that she did the same I felt nothing but disgust for her.

"Hey babe, wanna go for a run with me?" A blonde girl came to me. I was leaning against my car with my arms crossed away from the crowd. Everyone knew I wasn't someone who interacted much with anyone.

I created that image so that no one asked questions about me. Easier to deal with the questioning looks. This way I managed to appear unapproachable but feared too. I had to earn my badass and ruthless image a few times until they all got the message. Even Victor kind of feared me and I wanted it to remain that way.

"Not a chance blondie, now fuck off!" She looked taken aback and left immediately. I was not in the mood for a hook-up and as I said I am very selective. I don't pick girls from places like this.

I couldn't wait for people to finally go home so I can get some and rest. I couldn't sleep well for the past week and it was affecting my mood terribly.

I hope this ends soon...

....................

Hey guys!!

So what do you think about Zane's POV? What's your first impression of him?