Chapter 24: ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs

"Life is filled with unanswered questions, but it is the courage to seek those answers that continues to give meaning to life. You can spend your life wallowing in despair, wondering why you were the one who was led towards the road strewn with pain, or you can be grateful that you are strong enough to survive it."

J.D. Stroube

Being away from my Angel was a lot harder than I thought

We've been talking over the phone almost daily but it still feels too far away.

A lot of things have happened since KatKat left.

Since I've been away from her in the past month, I managed to get closer to the rat.

Finding out that Derek, the human trash, is Katherine's father was like a bomb. She has nothing to do with him but now hurting him it's a lot harder.

He doesn't deserve her but he's still her father and killing him would not mean just killing a psychopath. It means killing my girlfriend's father.

When I told my boss about it he literally said 'that's fucked up Wilder'.

I knew this information complicated everything but this doesn't change what I feel for her.

When my boss asked a logical question a few weeks ago I snapped.

"Wilder, can you trust your girlfriend? Have you thought of the possibility that maybe she knows more than she tells you?"

"With all due respect Sir, that's bullshit. I trust Katherine. She's proven to me over and over again. I've dealt with many people and I can tell when someone is lying. She is honest and has a pure heart."

"Wilder, don't get me wrong. I'm happy for you but sometimes when we are in love we tend to turn a blind eye to certain things. I hope this doesn't compromise the mission."

Those words were threatening. If the mission was to fail because of me, they would fire me immediately.

I refused to think Angel would lie to me. We both promised to be honest with each other and so far I believe we both have been.

A few days later, I relaxed and erased any kind of doubts when I talked to my Angel over the phone.

"ZeZe, you said this line is secure right?"

"Yes love, it is."

"Good, I have something important to tell you. I talked to my sister yesterday and I found something that could help you."

"I'm all ears then"

"Turns out my sister frequents a place in the city where she studies. It's a nightclub very know among university students. She has told me about that place a few times and she told me she'll be there tomorrow night. Now, the important information is the candy related. Sarah went to that club a few days ago and posted a picture with her friend on Instagram. If you look closer at the picture you can see the candy on the table. I've seen her use it a lot of times so I recognize it. If the club allows it, the owner might be involved."