Chapter 21: ғᴏʀɢɪᴠᴇɴᴇss

I'm sorry, don't leave me, I want you here with me

I know that your love is gone

I can't breathe, I'm so weak, I know this isn't easy

Don't tell me that your love is gone

That your love is gone

"Love is gone": Slander

When the front door opened I jumped from the sofa

When the front door opened I jumped from the sofa. I couldn't sleep because I was too worried about Zane.

"You're back!" I said relieved to see him well.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?" Worried by his sullen face I immediately walked towards him to check for possible injuries.

"I'm fine. Fucking fine Katherine" His tone was harsh. Angry.

He used my full name. That meant everything was not fine. He was hurting on the inside.

"Can I do anything for you? A hug? Something sweet? Prepare a bath? I could go and..."

"What about you fucking give me space?"

Ouch!

I nodded and stepped back giving him the space he needed.

"Took you long to get it" He spat walking past me.

"Is this necessary? To treat me like this?" I asked with a calm but disappointed voice.

I saw regret and hurt in his eyes for a second, but it was soon replaced by a blank face.

"That's fine, don't answer. I understand. You need space."

He turned around and slammed his room door behind him.

I knew he wasn't mad at me but at whatever happened during his mission. Yet I didn't like the way he yelled at me. If he's going to treat me like this whenever he gets mad I don't think I want a relationship like that. I hate people who yell at me.

My chest was beginning to hurt and I had a hard time breathing.

I needed my space too. Probably air, a lot of it.

When my taxi arrived I grabbed my phone and purse and left the apartment. Being there and afraid that he'll open the door and yell at me I couldn't handle it.

Going back to the motel didn't feel strange. It felt like going back home. Pathetic right?

For the past two weeks, I have been planning how to confess. I was ready to do it after tonight.

I had this whole plan. I would bake cookies with letter shapes and form 'I like you.

Then go on a date together...