Chapter 28: ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ʟɪᴇ

After everything we've been through you come crying to me

You said you'd never lie, so why you lyin' to me?

I gave you my trust, my heart, and everythin' inside of me

Tell me how'd you pay me back? You made a fool out of me (Aah)

Can't you see what you're doin'? Left me broken in pieces

Got me feeling so stupid, guess I needed a reason

To let go

I don't wanna hear lies anymore

"Lie to me": Ali Gatie & Tate McRae

"Baby!" The excitement in Zane's voice told me something good was about to happen

"Hey! Good morning handsome!"

"You're not going to believe this! Greta, Derek, and Victor got arrested. An official investigation has opened and they are not going out of prison any time soon."

"Is this for real?" Does that mean all of this is finally over?

"Yes love it is real. My work on the field is done. Until they face trial I only have to provide the information I know. But baby there is something I have to warn you about. You most likely have to testify for your direct relationship with them."

"I imagined that much. But ZeZe, what about Sarah?"

"She'll have to serve in prison too, baby. She's not directly involved with human trafficking but she did consume drugs and sold them too. Many of those were minors. I'm sorry Angel but I cannot save her from that."

"No, she needs to pay for what she did. Maybe this time she'll finally learn from her mistakes and live a better life."

The conversation with Zane left me anxious. I was happy to know that things had finally ended and everything was going back to normal because that meant I would see Zane finally. After three months away I miss him a lot.

But at the same time, I feel sad. My father and sister were going to jail. It doesn't feel good.

A few days later Zane called me again all excited.

"Baby, baby!"

"You seem very happy ZeZe!"

"I am baby, we've finally caught all the people involved and I am no longer followed. My boss has also finally given me the okay which means the mission is over. We caught the people we needed. The rest is up to the police and other people"

"So you are free?"

"Well technically I'm already taken so no, I'm not free"

I missed joking and flirting with him. Somehow these past months the conversations were a lot more serious and tense. Of course, that was because he was working hard.