Chapter 14: sʜᴏᴛ

You're the right time

At the right moment

You're the sunlight

Keeps my heart going

Know when I'm with you

Can't keep myself from falling

Right time at the right moment

It's you

"It's you": Henry

Two weeks ago...

It took everything in me to not go back to her arms.

Fuck.

I was so far gone at this point.

That fucking sweet kiss on my cheek made me want to take her right there.

She has no idea the effect she has on me.

But I had to be patient and do this right. I could not screw this opportunity.

In the few weeks that I had known this girl, she made me feel fucking butterflies whenever I saw her.

Whipped, so fucking whipped!

She doesn't realize but her hugs are my motivation to keep going. My recharge.

I was getting tired of this mission and it was getting harder to suppress the urge to give up.

I never had such thoughts in any of my missions but I wanted this time.

Whenever I thought about her, I imagined myself in my hometown in Canada. Both of us together in my house all domestic and it was messing with my head.

When Jack called me, I was brought back to the reality of my life.

I dialed my boss's number and waited for a few seconds.

"Wilder, I hope it's good news," My boss said amusement clear in his voice.

"It is sir, I finally managed to get to the rat's second hand. His name is Derek, I'll get a hold of his photo in the next few days and send it to Jack to do his magic." I told him. Jack was a genius. You send him a picture and he'll identify the person in a second.

It comes in handy when you need to track people or find anything about them.

"Sir, I called you because I need backup. There is a man close to Victor called Matthew Shander that is beginning to be suspicious of my identity. To prove my loyalty, I need you to send some men and fake a gone wrong revenge attempt. Matthew has been involved in car stealing and he recently stole a gang leader's car. He won't suspect if one of those people attack. I'll pretend to save his ass and erase suspicion."