Chapter 14: Eavesdropping

Izuku was bored. A pretty rare occurrence. He had just escaped from the hospital yesterday and so he hadn't recovered from blood loss. He hated the fact that he couldn't go out and beat up some criminals the night before but he would most likely faint from fatigue if he did.

Pain still flared in his body whenever he moved around too much but he was bored and really wanted to go outside. However, if he did, there was a chance that Eraser would notice him and that would be bad since he didn't pay the hospital bills and didn't listen when Eraser tried to stop him. Also because Eraser might put two and two together and realize he's Kobi sooner or later.

Wait- His laptop- Izuku completely forgot about his laptop! Is it still at the cafe? But he can't go there, Eraser might have someone on the lookout for him! But if he doesn't go, someone might steal it!

Izuku tugs at his hair. Well, it's not like he's gonna die if he runs a bit more, right? If he outran Eraserhead with a head start yesterday, then he should be able to today if he just keeps his distance.

Though, he'll have to be sneaky if he wants to avoid Eraser. So Izuku grabs the pair of black sunglasses that he remembered stealing yesterday, as much as Izuku regrets doing that, he had no choice. He puts on black sweatpants and a light blue hoodie after taking his cast off but leaving the bandages. (Eraser would recognize the cast without a doubt) Lastly, he wears a pair of black joggers that he found lying around Dagobah beach and heads out once he made sure the hood covered up most of his very notable green hair.

"Oh wait." Izuku opens the door of his apartment, only to close it again. He walks to his little closet, picks up the knife and a smoke bomb from his vigilante gear, and hides it in a pocket of his sweatpants. Just in case.

—————

Izuku peeks at the entrance of the cafe from behind a wall. He was holding on to hope that Eraserhead would walk out and then he wouldn't have to worry about getting caught. In the end, Eraser doesn't so he puts his stealth skills to use and tries to not bring any unnecessary attention to himself as he walks into the cafe.

Izuku scans the room for a tired-looking man with a capture scarf but spots a pair of red wings in the corner of the cafe instead. Izuku already knew he was going to regret coming here but he couldn't walk out now because Hawks was staring at him with slight suspicion. Izuku kind of trusted Hawks. He thought that even if Hawks somehow recognized him, he wouldn't say anything. At least not right now. Izuku looks away and walks up to Yui.

"Hey.." He says quietly.

"Hi! What would you like?"

"Okay, listen,” Izuku glances around for a brief moment for any eavesdroppers then focuses back on Yui when he finds none, “Don't tell anyone but it's me. Y'know the weird, broke, curly-haired kid who fanboys over quirks, and caused drama on Monday, you know him, right?"

Yui gasps, "Oh my god!"

Izuku does weird hand gestures as he tries to get her to calm down. He whispers, "Shh, please.”

Then in a more quiet voice, she says, "Thank you so much, I owe you for saving me. You're a true hero." Hero..? Nah, she won't say that once she finds out about Izuku’s quirklessness.

"Nah, it's okay, you don't owe me anything."

"But you saved my life." Was it really that big of a deal? It's not like the thugs were actually going to shoot her, right? Oh but maybe they would, their guns were loaded and they almost killed a family...

Izuku shakes his head. "Well yeah but I'm kind of looking for my laptop. Any idea where it might be?" Izuku changes the subject easily.

"Oh, that. Well.." She discreetly points to the table where Hawks was sitting and Izuku then recognizes the two sitting with him… It was Tsukauchi and Eraserhead.