Chapter 19: Kidnapped

It seems like life just wanted Izuku to suffer. And honestly? Izuku should have expected to be kidnapped on a day like this. It would have been a fun day at Depresso Espresso with Hitoshi. Izuku was looking forward to meeting him in person. It was supposed to be the day he and Hitoshi got to know each other more but that was just wishful thinking. 

Izuku now knows that he just can't have a day without anything out of the ordinary happening. Even if he's just out to get some milk for his cereal, he somehow manages to find himself in the middle of stopping a mugging, punching a pickpocketer, or almost being run over by a car going way over the speed limit. (That was one time but still-

Out of the ordinary is his ordinary. So all in all, he should've expected this. 

Coming back to the present, Izuku feels a wave of panic go over him. Wait, oh, right, he got kidnapped. That wasn't good.

Are they gonna kill him? Well, duh. He thinks. He's just a quirkless wannabe, why else would they kidnap someone like him who has absolutely nothing to offer? 

Izuku fights against the ropes and he's not sure why. Had this been a month ago, Izuku would've just stayed put, he's sure of it. So why?

Well, Izuku has to admit, this month has been the best time of his life. So many good things happened to him. He met Hawks, Eraser stopped trying to arrest him and they get along now, the detective doesn't mind being pranked too much anymore, neither do his coworkers. Sure, they still get annoyed, that's the point of his pranks, but it's…not really the same as before. He also saved Yui and is sorta friends with her, he became popular as Izuku and met a bunch of cool people at the cafe and online. And lastly, he met Hitoshi, who asked to be friends. He wanted to be friends. With Izuku. Him. Not Yorokobi. Izuku. (Izuku still hasn't gotten over the fact that Hitoshi thought he was cool. Like, what the heck? Izuku thought Hitoshi was cool.)

So yeah, Izuku's gotten attached to all of them. And he knows he doesn't deserve them. 

He knows that but he doesn't give a fuck about that right now. He's nothing compared to those people and he didn't deserve them but he hasn't paid them back for their kindness yet so can't just let himself die without even saying a single thank you first. That would be rude. 

—————

Hitoshi knew was just being paranoid. What was he so worried about anyway? Even if something were to happen, Izuku could defend himself. He knew he was worried about nothing, Izuku probably just got caught up with something, maybe his mom needed something or his fans crowded him.

There were numerous possibilities but Hitoshi couldn't help but feel something was off. An hour felt too long for any of it.

And so he did the only other thing he could think of and called his dad. He wasn't about to shrug it off as Izuku being caught up with something else because there was always that 1% chance of him being in danger, after all. 

—————

Izuku plucked out the pieces of rope that got stuck in his teeth as soon as his hands were free. That was disgusting. 

Izuku doesn't care much about hygiene but c'mon, who would want to cut through a rope with their bare teeth? No one. That's probably what his kidnappers thought since they didn't duct tape his mouth. Now his teeth hurt, he feels an oncoming headache, and he's still in this stupid bar-

Yeah, that's it. Izuku's had enough. He's gonna give his kidnappers a piece of his mind. They're dumb for kidnapping him. He has absolutely nothing to offer. They're wasting their own time along with his. Now Hitoshi's gonna think Izuku ditched him because of them.