01| 𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝗌𝗍𝗎𝖽𝖾𝗇𝗍

𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖮𝖭𝖤: 𝖭𝖤𝖶 𝖲𝖳𝖴𝖣𝖤𝖭𝖳 !!

October 1984

As students polluted the halls Quinn rushed thru the halls to her first class for the day, Science.

As Quinn arrived to her class. she took a seat in her usual spot, in the back of the class.

her eyes keep going up and down from her notebook and up to the students that walked in one by one filling the classroom.

Eventually the bell rang sitting everyone in their seat.

Mr Clark the schools science teacher eventually started the lesson by setting a plastic brain on his desk.

"Meet the human brain" mr Clark started off making Quinn's nose crinkled in disgust.

"I know. I know, it doesn't look like much. A little gross even, right? But consider this. There are a hundred billon cells inside this miracle of evolution. All working as one. No, no I do not misspeak I did not stutter. A hundred billion."

As mr Clarke finished his sentence the door opened from the side of room which made everyone's head turn.

"Ah this must be our new student."

"Indeed. all yours." The principle spoke up leaving the girl with red orangish hair who tried to leave to find a seat before being stopped By mr Clarke.

"All-right. Hold up .You don't get away that easy. Come on up. Don't be shy." Mr Clarke exclaimed making the redhead roll her eyes.

"Dustin drum roll" the boy with the dirty curly hair obeys and starts to pat on his book on his desk. "Class please welcome, all the way from sunny California, the latest passenger to join our curiosity voyage, Maxine."

"It's max." The redhead corrects making mr  Clarke give her a confused look.

"I'm sorry?"

"Nobody calls me Maxine, it's max." 

Quinn studied the new girl, she had a strange but comforting aura.

Suddenly Quinn felt blood tickle her fingertips.. she quickly rushed to her book-bag.

"Well all aboard max!" She heard Mr Clarke say, Quinn couldn't tell where the girl was going but she could tell she was heading somewhere near her.

When Quinn rose her head up to the new girl she was sitting right beside her crossing her arms over her chest.

As Quinn tried to wipe off the blood dripping from her nostrils the new girl took notice and handed her something.

"Here your nose is bleeding." The new girl said handing out a wet wipe. "Thanks" Quinn whispered.

The new girl smiled before looking back that the front of the class.