07| 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝗏𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖺𝖼𝖼𝗉𝖾𝖼𝗍𝖺𝗇𝖼𝖾

𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖲𝖤𝖵𝖤𝖭: 𝖯𝖱𝖮𝖵𝖨𝖵𝖭𝖦 𝖠𝖢𝖢𝖯𝖤𝖢𝖳𝖠𝖭𝖢𝖤 !!

Quinn wouldn't think she would be so stressed on a Friday but she still pulled from the collection of straw as she pulled the longer straws she sighed in relief.

The group decided to go dumpster diving to find dart, and luckily Lucas pulled the short straw.

"Stop being a baby and do it already!" Mike shouted at Lucas as he jumped.

He kept complaining about the smell and how it made him want to puke which made Quinn giggle.

"What the hells going on?" Dustin questioned finally meeting up with the party.

"What do you think? We're looking for dart." Mike states leaning on the stick that the rest of the group was gonna use to go thru the trash but without touching it.

Bags of trash bags flew to the ground landing between the group.

Lucas hopped out the trash can smelling like complete garbage.

"Well, well , well look who decides to show up after I pull the short straw. Real convenient." Lucas stated.

"You stink!" Max exclaims going over to sit beside Dustin and Quinn.

"Hi Quinn, hi max."

"Hey Dustin" Quinn replied with a smile as max rolled her eyes.

"Hi..." max responds awkwardly before looking back at Quinn.

"Wheres will?" Dustin asked Mike.

"He'll be here." Mike answered.

"Are you just gonna stand there?" Lucas questioned Dustin.

They start poking at the bags of garbage, but in return finding nothing but people's chewed lunches and small cockroaches.

They eventually had to go back to class causing them to end their search as the bell rang.

They all take their seats as the second bell rung signaling students to get to their classes.

"All living things, from the complex mammals to single- cell organisms, instinctively respond to danger. Expose a bacterium to a toxic chemical, it will flee or deploy some other defense mechanism." Mr Clarke explained as the freckled boy looked over to his friends empty seat and sighed.

"We're very much the same, when we encounter danger, our hearts start pounding. Our palms start to sweat. These are the signs of physical emotional state we call...fear."

——-

As lunch rolled around Quinn could tell that the freckled boy was very worried about his friend will. As the lunch bell rang the boy didn't even eat. He ran to the nearest pay phone.

As Quinn sat outside on one of the school tables she took a bite outta her daily ham and cheese sandwich as the same redhead came up to her.

"Hey Quinn!" The redhead exclaimed "How's it going?"

"It's going pretty good, you?" Quinn replied.

"It's going pretty shitty, but I guess being here with you is making it a little better.." the redhead stated making Quinn give the brightest smile.

"Anything?" Lucas asked Mike as he walked back to the group

"We need to talk. AV room. Right now." Mike tells the group as he runs to the steps. Stopping to turn to max and Quinn "Party members only." He says leaving the girls in shock and Dustin and Lucas giving him a look. "Come on Mike.."

"No! This is non-negotiable." Mike yells before running inside.

The two girls stare at each other in disbelief before walking back to their table.

Didn't he let Quinn in the last time?
——

As soon as the loud bell rang signaling the students that school was over the two girls met each other by the girls bathroom where Quinn was stuffing tissues up her nose.

"You think stuffing your nose with tissues is gonna help with the bleeding?" The redhead questioned leaning on one of the stalls.

"It worked the last time I did it." Quinn replied wiping her nose one last time before the girls walked out the bathroom.

As the girls walked to Max's locker to get her skateboard a familiar voice went flew thru the girls ears.

"Hey max. Quinn. Have you seen Dustin?" Lucas asked standing beside the redheads locker.

Max gave no answer and instead she walked away dragging Quinn with her. "Where are you going?" Lucas asked running down the steps "we gotta look for dart."

"We'll good luck with that." Max replied interlocking her hand with Quinn's as they walked out the school doors "What is wrong with you?" Lucas asked running behind the two.

"What is wrong with me? What is wrong with you?" Max scoffed.

"I don't understand." Lucas states making max and Quinn turn away.

"No I don't understand!" Max yells harshly. "You guys act like want us to be your friend, but then you treat us like garbage."

" that's not true!" Lucas denies

"Yes it is!" Max argues making Quinn turn her eyes back and forth to Lucas and back to max.

"You just go hide in the AV room, keep secrets like we're in the second grade or something! You know, I thought you guys wanted us in your party."

"We do but—"

"But what?" Max yelled demanding a answer. "Look max there are certain things we just can't tell you guys okay? Trust me it's for your own safety.." Lucas finished giving Quinn a worried look.

"For our own safety?" Max scoffs griping a tighter grip on Quinn's hand.

"Why? Is it because we're girls?" Max states sternly. "Did you keep secrets from el?"

Quinn had no idea who was 'el' but she could tell she was important.

"Did you?" Max asked clearly annoyed. "That was different trust me okay?" Lucas tells her as Quinn stands there in disbelief.

"That was just different.."

"You know what? Forget it, okay? We don't wanna be in your stupid party anyways right Quinn?" Max Starred looking at Quinn

Quinn could only shake her head before being pulled again by the same redhead

"Have a nice life." The red finished before walking away.

As the two girls walked max spotted a familiar car.

"I'll see you later my brother is here."

"Okay I'll see you Monday?" Quinn asked receiving a smile. "I'll see you Monday."

Little did they know they would see each other later that day.