Empty Soul

Chapter One.

He fought. He was a fighter. All day, all night, Zayn Malik fought to find himself amongst the sea of people surrounding him. Watching his every move. Criticizing all of the wrongs he's made while being lost in this dark - bottomless pit of nothing. He was lost. Nothing. Just another empty soul walking along the sidewalks of his small town, a town so small it only holds a number of three hundred people. A town he once loved so dearly. A town called, Bireland Oaks.

For two months straight, Zayn was a lost boy. He didn't know who he was anymore. His best friend of eight years didn't know who he was anymore. No one knew where the once lively soul of, Zayn Malik went. He couldn't take it anymore, he was ready to end it all. All the suffering he has endured throughout the past sixty-two days; all set and ready to be put to rest. That  was until he met the petit red head on a mount of rocks, by the beach.

The cold October air crisp on his delicate skin. The sound of waves crashing against the shore, fighting for dominance over each other. The slight glisten of the moon, radiating off of the salty  water, giving Zayn just enough light to see what he was doing.

Sat on the big pile of rocks, Zayn had slight tear streaks highlighting his already red cheeks. His mindset racing with incoherent thoughts. He was so lost that he didn't hear the slight clear of a throat behind him.

It happened again and again until the voice decided to just speak up,

"Excuse me? Do you mind if I sit?"

The voice was soft, delicate, smooth, Zayn looked back at the person with the small voice and was engrossed into the beauty.

There stood a short red-haired girl with a flowing floral white dress on. He couldn't see much but from what he could see, she was the most beautiful creature he'd ever laid eyes on.

His mouth opened and shut trying to form words, though they just didn't seem to come out. Therefore, he just nodded his head like an ecstatic little child whom just got his first puppy.

Zayn slid over to make a little bit more room for the girl to hop up on the huge rock. He could see a little bit more as the moon hit her the right way, she had glasses, almost like the one Zayn wears when he needs to read something from afar.

Her eyes a light shade of greenish-blue and freckles coating her nose. Her lips, small and pink, but looked soft and quite frankly, really kissable.

He was convinced he'd never seen such an endearing sight. And for just a second, Zayn had forgotten why he came to the beach in the first place. She had made him forget.