Match Made from Heaven

Chapter Thirteen.

Zayn was beyond confused. Standing in front of the freezing girl, he couldn't help but wonder what she has been through. 

She brought up Saylor. 

She was just like Saylor, minus being dead. She got away. 

But the one thing that keeps coming back to his mind was the words she spoke before walking off the beach that night.

What you just said, hurt way more than anything I've ever endured.

His few words cut deeper in her heart than the physical abuse she was put through. It was because she actually cared about him, and he blew it.

"I understand now. You are scared, and I get it, they hurt you. But I would never, ever, lay a hand on you. You gotta know that. And I guess that's what your ex said to get you to go out with him, but I'm not like him. Maybe he said that too. But love, I will wait and I will do anything to prove to you that I am nothing like those men."

"I know you aren't like them, Zayn. Trust me, you couldn't hurt a fly. But you have to work on yourself right now. Not worrying about me. I mean, when was the last time you actually did something for yourself?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're working for a douchebag because you know he's short staffed. Your father pays your bills and I know you have money saved up to keep food in the house.

You're going to law school because you're scared your dad will be upset and disappointed with you. He will stop paying for things. But again, I know your friend Liam offered for you to live with him, you told me yourself. 

He would do anything for you. 

Zayn, you have to stop worrying about what other people will think of you and do what makes you happy. 

Life really is short and you can't let what people say get in the way of doing what you love."

Zayn stayed silent, he listened. 

She was right. 

He hadn't done anything for himself in the longest time, he couldn't even remember the last time he had. 

Her words struck him.

They struck him hard enough that the next day he quit his job. 

The next week he found a job at the local art studio. He will be teaching little kids all about the wonders of art. Then the adults after that. And then elders. It's what he's always wanted. The pay is amazing as well, twelve dollars an hour - eight hours a day - four days a week. 

Then three days after that he dropped out of law school and applied for the arts major. 

This was his dream.

He told his father that and much to his surprise, he understood. Though, his mother had a lot to do with it. 

His dad had agreed to let him stay in the house but Zayn had to pay for his utilities. 

He even told his parents about Mercury. His mom was happy that he was finally getting back out there. His dad said he felt the same way when he met his mother, it was like a match made from heaven. 

With that, Zayn was on top of the world.