Vision of his Imagination

Chapter Fifteen.

The next day and a half went by fairly quickly as he got everything ready for this years Arts Festival and competition. 

He helped with setting up the decorations and food tables before he had to go home and get ready for the night to come. 

Liam had come over fifteen minutes prior, freaking out that this was Zayn's shot to become everything he's ever hoped to be.

"Mate, how can you not be jumping off the walls right now?"

"Trust me, I am. But right now I have to get ready. Mercy is going to be there."

"So I finally get to put a face to the name? I'm really glad you found the right girl for you, Zayn."

"I am too, she has this aura to her that drags me in and I can't explain it."

"That's how I am with Becca. She can be a bitch sometimes, do not tell her I said that, but I love the crap out her. She's my future."

"You know, Mercury actually doesn't believe in the present. She says that every minute awaiting to happen is in the future."

"That's weird? Why would she think that?"

"Because if something were to happen in the present, all you do is hope for the future minutes to come and take over. She told me the story of this girl named Saylor. Her boyfriend killed her after finding her diary."

"The case of Saylor McKinnley. That actually happened right here in, Bireland. It was huge."

"Are you serious?!"

"Yeah, down in one of the beach houses. She was on the phone with her friend right before it happened. Do you know Aubrey Peters?"

"I think so? Tall, blonde hair?"

"Yeah, that was Saylor's best friend. They were talking about running off to some place thousands of miles from here."

"How do you know all of this?"

"Becca's one friend is friends with Aubrey, she told her."

"That's crazy, man. Mercury never said anything about it happening in this town. She just said the man got away with it."

"I don't know, mate. But we have to get going, this thing starts in an hour."

The thought of something so tragic happening, right here in his hometown has Zayn shaking. Sure it was four years ago, but who says it won't happen again? 

What if this man is still in Bireland just waiting for his next victim? 

Zayn makes a mental note to call his sisters after this event to check up on them.

After fixing the tie on his suit for the hundredth time, Zayn and Liam make their way down to the beach and live out the festival. 

The obvious absent of Mercury hit Zayn a little harder this time around because he really wanted her to be there, he couldn't be too upset about it though because she had told him she wasn't exactly keen on large crowds. 

And this in fact, was a large crowd. Almost every pedestrian that lived in this godforsaken town was here. 

Not to mention his painting actually got second place!

He got to talk with Henry, who had actually told him he was fond of his piece, that melted Zayn. 

He just wished his girl was there. Even Liam saw the disappointment.

He was probably thinking that Mercury wasn't even real and she was really just a vision of his imagination.

As the night comes to an end, Zayn grabs his canvas and throws the piece of fabric so it didn't get sand all over it if he were to set it down. 

He made his way over to the mount of rocks and saw the girl he so wanted to be by his side tonight. She had a huge smile plastered on her face and once she saw him she got up and walked over to him.

"Congratulations, overachiever."