Angelically

Chapter Two.

The next day, Saturday, was spent working his shift at a local coffee shop. His mind, once again, not in the right place. Though this time he wasn't thinking about how fucked up his life was. 

Zayn had been thinking about her. The girl with red hair and lightning eyes. He never asked her name. That night, they sat staring out into the ocean. Well, to be more precise, she was staring at the ocean.

 Zayn however was sat staring at the beautiful, mysterious girl sat beside him. They didn't speak. They didn't share glances. They just sat in a comfortable silence as the wind blew their hair in crazy places.

His shift at, Connie's Coffee Shop, had ended approximately fifteen minutes ago. Zayn and his coworker, Jamie, were finished up their last rounds of cleaning before he made his way back down the similar path he'd taken yesterday.

 He was hoping to find the girl sitting on the big rocks, waiting for him, praying she was just as eager to see him again, as he was her. Though, she wasn't there. She hadn't been there and she probably wouldn't be there, but that didn't stop the tired and lonely boy to sit and wait for her.

It felt like ages, just sitting and waiting. There was no reason as to why he wanted to see her so bad, he just did. There was something about her. Something euphoric. 

When the sun came down, he had lost all hope of ever seeing her again. Her vibrant hair that just flowed angelically in the wind. Her twinkling eyes that shown brighter than all of the stars in the sky. Everything about her burning into his skull and he just wanted it all to go away. Every last detail of the girl he saw twenty-four-hours ago, he just wanted to vanish.

Or so he wanted himself to believe. Deep down he knew he didn't want to actually forget her. 

That's when he heard the small cough from behind him. The small voice he'd been sat waiting for, for the past four hours, finally speaking out to him.

"Excuse me?"