Angelic Voice

Chapter Eleven. 

For the next three days, Zayn has gone to the beach every night and waits for her to show up. Waits for her so come over, tell him everything is going to be fine.

Then he can tell her that he will protect her and not to worry about him getting hurt.

It never happens though.

She never shows.

After the fourth day he promised the next would be the last, he wouldn't sit and wait for something that's clearly never going to happen again. 

Something he ruined.

So as he got ready on the fifth day, he only held a slight bit of hope that she'd show.

After work that Monday, Zayn made the walk down to their spot. Just like he'd done everyday before that. 

The first two days he held so much hope in his heart that she would show. 

The third is varied in between. 

Now on the fourth and fifth day, his hope was slim to none. And he'd have to live with the fact that he messed everything up with, Mercury.

Watching as the sun set, sending pink, purple, and orange hues through out the sky, Zayn sighed. 

What was he doing to himself? 

He's setting himself up for failure.

For more rejection. 

For loss. 

He wouldn't give up until the time read ten o'clock, though. And that's what he did, waited till it was her time.

Once again, she hadn't come to stop him.

Zayn was packing up all of the blankets and fairy lights, knowing this would be his very last time at this rock. It hurt, taking everything that they built in the past three weeks, and placing it in various bags.

A few tears were shed.

He couldn't fix it. He couldn't fix her. She said she was damaged. That didn't matter to Zayn, though. Because everyone is damaged in one way or another.

He couldn't get her back. It didn't help that he had no recollection of where she lived. If he had, or even had her number for that matter, he would try even harder.

If he had known that this was bound to happen, he would've some known fact on how to contact her. They've never seen or talked to each other besides their late night rock talks.

It's all gone now.

Thinking back on it now, Zayn really only knew the important things about her family life. He never knew what she did during the days while he was at school and work.

Maybe she was in University as well. Or maybe she stayed home and waited for their time. 

There was so much he didn't know, and would never get to know, about Mercury. 

He couldn't fix any of it. 

A voice startled him out of his thoughts. The same angelic voice he'd been praying to hear again.

"Don't fall in love with me."