mama's comfort

Jeongguk looked at the house infront of him, sighing before he could even enter. “Welcome home, Son.” His father, Mr. Jeon said with a big smile, behind him was Ji-won, her hands was gripping to the boquet as she hands it to his step-son, Jeongguk. “Thank you.” He said to Ji-won.

Ji-won's face lit up as he heard Jeongguk talking to him, “You can stay here whenever you like, okay? Welcome home again, buddy.” Mr. Jeon smiled, “I'll go to my office, Ji-won will take care of you, is that alright?” He asked and looked at Jeongguk who seemed out of himself.

Jeongguk looked at Ji-won, her eyes expecting him to say yes as she wanted to take care of his husband's son. “Yeah, It's fine.” He said that made Ji-won's smile grew bigger. Mr. Jeon kissed Ji-won's cheeks before heading out to head to his office. This late at night though?

Ji-won nervously smiled, “I-Is there anything y-you l-like? I-I can cook.. Do you have dirty c-clothes? I-I'll bring them to the laundry..” She smiled that made Jeongguk chuckled, “I can do it by myself, Thank you. Also, I want pasta for tonight, I want to eat outside.” He said and left, heading to his room silently as he feel heavy.

Ji-won smiled, heading to the kitchen to cook for her step-son that she wanted to took care of since when his father and her started dating. The maids walked infront of her and bowed their heads, “Young master said he'll take his dinner to his room at his veranda, Ma'am.” Their maid said that made Ji-won nodded.

“Do you need help?” The eldest maid that ever worked for the Jeon's, Chae-ron. Ji-won shook her head and smiled, “I can do it, Auntie. I wanted to cook for my son.” She smiled and continued cooking. Chae-ron laughed lightly and sat infront of the busy Ji-won.

“You called him your son.” Chae-ron blurted out with a teasing smile, “I-I did? Oh, I'm sorry, I must've got out of mind, T-to Jeongguk, I'm going to cook for Jeongguk,” She corrected and laughed nervously. Looking around to see if Jeongguk was there and heard her call him son.

Chae-ron looked at Ji-won, “He just went home after 15 years. His father bought him to Seoul when he's 6 years old, and then, we haven't seen each other since that day..” Chae-ron stated, Ji-won smiled and kept listening.

Chae-ron sighed, “T-that kid.. He doesn't deserve the way he's living right now. He's talented, he can sing and dance. His mother taught him how to play instrument at young age so he mastered it quickly..” She blabbered, getting teary as he recalled how little Jeongguk is before he left, “H-he was just this little and now he's alot taller, more handsome..” Chae-ron said.

“Take care of him, okay? You're lucky that he asked for food, make it tasty, he'll never eat again if it's not, also, talk to him, I heard what happened between him and his love one. He needs hug and advices, stand out as his mother, even though it's not real, he needs it.” Chae-ron said before leaving the kitchen as Ji-won was left stunned from what she needs to do.

Jeongguk dropped his luggage and collapsed on his bed, looking at the plain, boring as usual  ceiling. He looked at his left and saw his family picture, “Ma, I wish you were here to comfort me. I miss you.” He said as he hugged the frame, tears building and flowing on his cheeks.