What we gained, what we lost

We tracked on for weeks, coming across a small child Tommy's age on the side of our path. So our party grew, Tubbo was his name. Weird name but it's not like I could speak. We set up camp soon after that. Wilbur had found a van and parked it next to a river. Tommy and Tubbo immediately ran off to see what trouble they could make. Wilbur stayed in the van setting somethings up as I foraged for food and fire.

The wind grew violent, ruffling Wil and my wings. I looked up in time to see Tommy and Tubbo running out of the woods towards us.

Danger, danger. Attack, kill them. I clamped my eyes shut trying to quiet the voices.

"Wilbur!" Tommy screeched.

"Tommy what have you done now?" Wilbur responded as the boys stopped in front of him.

"There was this green man and it took our disks!" Tommy whined.

"Ok and?" Wilbur suddenly looked up. I turned to see what he was looking at. "Who are you?"

Danger. Kill them, blood. Blood. Blood.

I watched as a man in green stepped out of the woods, a white mask with a smile carved into it hid his identity. Kill him.

"Why hello!" He stalked over. "I don't believe we've met before! I'm Dream." He bowed almost mockingly. "And you all are?"

"I'm"-blood- "Keres." I grimaced as the voices grew louder. They had been so quiet over recent travels. What had changed now.

"I'm Wilbur." Wil nodded. "And you seem to have met Tommy and Tubbo."

"Yes, they stole something of mine." Dreams head turned to the boys  just as Tommy started to whine his protest. Wilbur cut him off.

"Well I hear it the other way around." Wil stood taller. Dream shifted to look at him. Wils wings ruffled in the wind, mine followed suit.

"What are you four doing here anyways? You don't have residence in this country." There was anger in his voice.

"We're travelers." I cut in. "Just looking for a place to settle." Kill kill kill.

"Well you aren't welcome here." He looked back at Wilbur. "Unless you're willing to make a deal?"

"What deal?" Wilbur asked.

"Why don't the younger ones go inside for this part." Dream waved at Tubbo, who stood behind Wilbur.

"Boys go inside the van." Wilbur pushed them towards the van, not looking away from Dream.

"But Wilbur!" Tommy whined.

"Now!" Wilbur snapped. The boys sulked into the van. "Continue"

"We fight." Dream stayed vague.

"Wil..." Danger, danger, blood blood blood. The voices screamed as I called to him.

"We stop at first injury." Wilbur allowed Dream to stay vague. "Deal?"

"Deal." Joy dripped from Dreams voice.

"Wilbur!" I stood from the fire.

"Ker, you moderate. Call the winner." Wilbur gave me a meaningful look. I nodded.

"Swords only," I whispered reciting the duel rules we memorized as a kid. "Any sword, weapon discrepancy is not the duels fault but the duelers. No armor, no potions." My head pounded, a deal, a promise, a deal a deal a deal. "On the count of three,

"One," the boys took up their stances anger flowing through them.

"Two," Wilbur was shaking, he was never the best at fighting. He had no strategy, no restraint.

"Three." Metal met metal as the boys clashed. They fought furiously for longer than I though. A splash of crimson flew threw the air. First injury. "First injury. Duel is over!"

Wilbur was on his knees holding his arm. His wings spiked up in pain. Dream went behind him and grabbed his wings, he raised his sword. "Dream stop! It's first injury." Dream used all his force. Broken deal, broken promise. Blood blood blood. Remember. "WILBUR!" I flew straight towards Dream. But I was too late. I tackled Dream, he flew sideways, Wilburs wings going with him, blood covered and limp. Wilburs scream filled my ears. I turned and ran over to him.

"Welcome to the DreamSMP." Dream breathed sitting up. "We're happy to have you."

"You're a monster." I growled punching him in the jaw . He chuckled pulling an ender pearl out of his pocket.

"Maybe." He threw it and looked back at me as it sailed threw the air. He lifted his mask slightly over his mouth showing me his smile. "Maybe not." He disappeared, Wilburs wings with him.

———
Chapter two yall! Hope I don't loose time to watch vods, this is going to take a while. Have a good day!