Or Was It Lacking at Your Birth?

I landed on the edge of the chasm on Technos side. Blood pumping in my ears, voices screaming in my mind. I turned to face Tommy. Technos hand grabbed my arm and pulled me backwards.

"Keres come here." He attempted to drag me behind him.

"No!" I ripped my arm from his grasp and shoved him away from me. He took a step back stumbling into a strange structure behind him. Brown and dark, writhing shapes moved along the outside, uncannily like faces. When he made contact a small wail emoted from it. Soul sand. As kids we used to race along the soul sand valleys when Phil was around to take us to the nether. I had seen the structure before, in one of Phil's old journals. But they were missing something. The heads. They were still headless thankfully.

"Keres." He warned.

"No. Fuck you. I am DONE being told what to do and who to follow" I was shaking with rage now. "I stick by my family. I don't kill them," I glared up at Phil , who stood on the platform still. One of his wings limp behind him. "And I don't destroy the one thing they love" I backed up from Technoblade, hopping the chasm and joining Tommy and Tubbo. "If you can't protect your younger siblings, than I will."

"So be it then Keres." Techno growled. Tommy stepped towards him. "You stay right over there Tommy! You stay right over there Tommy! You all stand back! You all stay back! You all listen to me right here Tommy! Tommy, do you think you're a Hero? Is that what this is!?"

"I just wanted...I just wanted L'Manberg" Tommy stuttered.

"You just wanted POWER!" Techno shouted.

"That's all I ever wanted—I didn't! I just wanted--!" Tommy argued

"You just did a coup! You just did a hostile government takeover and then immediately instilled yourself as president. And then you gave it to your friend, but that's still a tyrant Tommy! But the thing about this world Tommy...is that good things don't happen to heroes..." Technos voice went grave. People shifted around. There were quite a few on Technos side. Our side trumped them. "Let me tell you a story Tommy, a story of a man called Theseus, his country, well a city state technically, was in danger, and he sent himself forward into enemy lines, he slayed the minotaur and saved his city. You know what they did to him Tommy? They exiled him, he died in disgrace, despised by his people, that's what happens to Heroes Tommy!"

"But he saved everyone!" Tubbo stepped up next to Tommy.

"The Greeks knew the score, but if you want to be a Hero Tommy, That's fine..." Techno shrugged

"Technoblade, don't do this, we're so close!" Tommy begged. I could hear the desperation in his voice.

"Techno, please be rational." I shouted at him. My wings twitched behind me.

"If you want to be a hero..." Techno turned his back to us, facing the withers

"No one's the Hero! We got Manberg for--!" Tommy tried.

"If you want to be a hero Tommy, THEN DIE LIKE ONE!" Techno placed the final wither heads down. Two taking to the cloud filled sky's, casting down a bright blue glow as they gained health. Soulless screams echoed and rattled.

We did what we did best.

We drew our weapons.

And fought.

—————-
Technos speech here will always continue to be one of my favorites. The ability to make it part of my story, to rewatch it. I haven't been able to rewatch anything of his since July haha. Anyways, enjoy!