The Citizens

The sun set and rose before Wilbur broke the mechanical silence that had settled between us.

"I want to start a country!" He was lying on his stomach, he was healing relatively quickly for us not having healing potions. I replaced the bandages without answering. "Here. Where we can be free and happy."

"A country? For four of us?" I stood up and looked out the van window. Tommy and Tubbo had been outside building a large black and yellow wall all day. They still had plenty more to go but it was good seeing them busy.

"There's more people. I've met some people over our travels. They would come."

"And who are these people?" I turned to him.

"An adventurer, a lost monarch-"

"Oh my gods it's like a poem."

"-a baker and my son." Wilbur finished.

"YOUR SON!" Before I could ask any further I heard Tommy shouting. A man stumbled out of the woods, 3D glasses lopsided on his face a leaf stuck in them. I helped Wilbur up and we ran outside.

"Guys! I found him!" He ran down the hill. Another man came out of the woods, sunglasses on his face and a crown on his head. He was carrying something on his back, making sure to take extra care as he went down the hill. Stopping to check on the next person to exit the woods. A women walked out around Wilburs age. She made her way down the hill carrying a large bag. She waved at the man with the crown. Then waved at what was on his back. It was a person on his back- a child! They slowly made their way over to us. The first man had already made it to us and was talking to Wilbur excitedly.

"Is this where the country is going to be?" He didn't give Wil time to answer. "Lousy place for it. The rivers nice though. Who's the girl? Don't tell me you've moved on from Sally already-"

"Jack!" The other man cut him off. "Give Wilbur a chance to answer your questions." The chatty man, Jack, went quiet. The other man set down the child. "There ya go Fundy, your dads over there." The child looked nothing like Wilbur, with his bright orange hair and... fox ears? But the recognition plastered on his face told me that he was in fact Wilburs child.

"Dad!" The child ran over. He looked Tommy's age, if not a bit older. Wilbur gingerly bent down to pick the ginger kid up. He winced the whole way, but hid it from the kid- Fundy- with a smile.

"Hey champ!" Wil smiled. Fundy started chatting wildly as the two others met up with us, Tommy and Tubbo came next to me.

"Wil." The girl spoke first. "Introductions?"

"Oh yes!" He set Fundy down. "Everyone this is my sister Keres," I waved. "And these are my brothers, the blond one is Tommy and the other is Tubbo." The boys waved. "Guys this is Niki Nihachu," the girl waved. "Eret," the man in the crown waved. "And Jack Manifold, or just Jack."

"Hi everyone." I waved. "It was nice to meet you guys, but I have quite a lot to do. Wilbur will get you all, err, situated." I nodded my goodbye and went back into the van. I grabbed a quill and some paper and sat down. Wilburs jacket sat across from me the wing holes in the back waiting to be stitched closed. I dipped my quill in ink.

"Dearest Father,
We have just settled down in our new... place. There's not much but a van, a half built wall and a Dream. Quite literally, we settled in a place known as the DreamSMP, and the man who I must assume is leader came to visit. He called himself Dream, it turns out Tommy and Tubbo had caused a little bit of trouble for him and he wanted us gone. But Wilbur, ever the peacemaker, struck a deal. A duel; winners wish is granted. I moderated, Dream won, dealing the first injury. Wilbur was always better with a pen then a sword. But Dream didn't stop there. Before I could stop him, Dream had.... severed Wilburs wings. And he left. We are allowed to stay here and Wilbur is healing quickly. But I do wonder what affect this action will have on Wilburs- our future.
Anyways I hope this letter finds you well father. I know how, seldom you write back. If you see Techno please tell him to visit. Maybe come with him?
Sincerely, Keres

I hated writing letters. I shouldn't have to write letters. He promised, he promised he would be there for us, he promised he promised. For once the voices were right, Father had promised he would be there for us. And he had left. The door to the van closed snapping me out of my thoughts. I turned to see Niki coming in.

"Oh hello." Her voice was soft. I gave her a small smile.

"Hi. I'm sorry do you need something?" I put the ink and quill away.

"Oh sorry I was just trying to look around the place." She chuckled shyly. "The boys are out building the wall. Talking about fighting tyranny."

"Oh well that sounds like Wil." I slipped my letter into an envelope and stuck a stamp onto it. I held it up to show her. "Do you know which way town is?"

"Yeah! Head straight that way, you can't miss it." She pointed towards where Dream had stepped out of the woods. I thanked her and stepped out of the van. I took into the air and flew over the trees. Niki was right I could not miss town. I landed near what looked like the post office and found a mailbox. I was about to take into the air again when an arrow whizzed past my face.

"There's no flying here." I turned to look at the archer. He had dark hair, wore a white headband and a white shirt with a fire decal on it.

"Sorry, I didn't know." I shrugged.

"You're one of those new people." He lowered his bow. I nodded. "Well for the record there's no flying."

"Yes thank you. May I ask you to point me back to the woods then?" I let out a nervous laugh. Run run run kill him blood blood traitor.

"It's that way." He pointed behind me. "Just keep going straight." I thanked him and left. The city wasn't big, just extravagant. I hit the woods and flew the rest of the way home.