One for sorrow

A crow cawed in the distance. I froze, turning around. Tommy followed suit and I'm sure Techno as well. Others didn't notice. It was just another bird, we were outside! Relax!

There weren't crows in the DreamSMP.

The sky flooded, the sun bolted out as if with ink. An artificial night echoing with cawing. People stopped cheering and turned every which way to see what was happening. Everything went quiet as loud wingflaps echoed.

"Phil?" Techno was at my side.

"Phil!" Tommy echoed, shocked.

"Phil." I confirmed as a man draped in green robes and a bright bucket hat soared over us. Wings booming at a deafening volume before he flew over the stage and landed where none could see. Whispers started back up, no one daring to get louder as birds swooped. All repeated the same thing. "Phil" "Philza" "Philza Minecraft."

"Why is he here." Tommy's voice shook as he ran, making his way to Tubbo.

"Techno." I turned to face my older brother. "Why is he here? Somethings wrong." Techno grabbed my wrist and started dragging me off to the side.

"You listen to me!" Techno stood up, pulling me behind him and turning to everyone else. "I did not spend weeks planning this revolution, giving you guys gear for you guys to go and replace one tyrant with another." Crows circled us, Techno was largely unfazed. "Don't you see what's happening here? Don't you see history repeating itself? You think Schlatt was the cause of your problems? No! It was government." The voices screamed in my head. Yesss yes kill fight blood blood ANARCHY TECHNO! "Power corrupts!"

"Techno what the fuck are you doing?" I pulled out of his grip. Then grasped his shoulder and forced him to turn and look at me, despite the cry's and protests of everyone else wanting to speak to him.

"What I have to." His voice was low and calm. He had taken that tone with me a lot as kids. We had always been close. As close as a moral-less god could be with someone who cared too much. Those exact words are what he would utter every time I questioned him, every time I hesitated on a kill and he had to guide my sword into the heart. Until his guidance was needed no more and I cared no longer. Those times had long since past. And I now cared too much.

Tommy ran at Technoblade, the netherite sword that had been gifted to him just hours before drawn at the ready. His body crumpled sideways with a sickening crunch as Dream slid in front of Techno and swung the flat of his axe against Tommy's head. Tommy scrambled away like a cat as chaos delved. Gunpowder filled the air as rockets and fireworks were set off, aimed to kill.

"The government ends here!" Techno shouted fighting off three people. I grabbed my own sword, I could not let him die today. Despite all his bull shit.

"You know who the traitor was!" Dream yelled. Everyone turned to either Dream, or Tommy who sat upon a rooftop.

"Who?" Tommy grit out.

"The traitor was Wilbur." Dream smiled. People argued with him, voices condescending and belittling.

"It's Technoblade!" Tommy yelled. "He just started killing all of us!" Techno threw and ended pearl and landed behind Tommy. From where I was standing, it almost looked like a domestic scene. Techno going to comfort Tommy, as he did when we were so young and Tommy was scared to go into the woods. Until Tommy shoved him away and jumped just as Techno swung his axe. Tommy landed next to me, stumbling into my arms. He huffed a thanks before turning to locate Techno. Who stared down at us from the rooftop. Then Tommy's eyes found Dream. Then Tubbo. He pushed away from me and ran back to his friend. Techno once again joined me on the ground. He turned to argue more, taking a deep breath. But he never got the chance to speak.

———————
Wow. Two in one week? It's been forever since I've done that! Enjoy!

Any spelling errors were the keyboard goblins fault.