Chapter Ten

Sorry about the long wait, I had exams and needed to study as they were short on notice.

"So what are you doing?"

Thanatos jumped and turned his head to the side and saw no one there.

There was a tap on his head, "Up here idiot."

Thanatos looked up and saw Korigan looking down at him.

"Um nothing."

"Exactly! Why are you doing nothing?"

"I don't know."

"Surely there is a reason," Korigan said, taking a sip out of a straw.

Thanatos hesitated, the merfil was right there was a reason. "There is too many people here."

"Not one for crowds huh?"

"No, not particularly."

"Miss Princess over there was holding onto you pretty tight, any reason?" Korigan said, smoothly switching the topic. They gestured at Persephone dancing with Hades with their coral glass.

Thanatos chuckled, "She doesn't trust me not to leave."

"Is she making you stay for the whole thing?"

"No, just until the speech. She said that I can leave after that."

"You look pretty strong, why don't you just leave."

Thanatos ignored the compliment, because he knew that if he focused on it he would probably melt into the shadows.

"You do not want to see an angry Persephone, she is terrifying."

"Thats the same with Kym, you don't know true fear until you have her after your blood."

"I hope I don't have to experience that."

"For your sake I hope you don't," they said quietly. "So whats the deal with you and Tri?"

"We've met a few times."

"Were you the one that called him the s word," they said quietly.

Thanatos tried to keep a neutral expression but he could feel his face drooping. "Yes that was me."

"But you were also the one that got him away from the walker above?"

"Wha- who?"

"I don't want to say his name but uh tall, muscles, looks stupid."

"Do you mean Herca-"

"Don't say the name! And yes I do."

"Yeah that was me."

"Tri told me that you apologised for that, said it sounded genuine."

Thanatos sighed, "I really am sorry for that, I know that it is no excuse but it slipped out. I had no idea that it was a slur or harmful in anyway."

Korigan hummed for a moment and stayed silent.

Thanatos had no idea what else to say so he just watched the dancers. Couples spun about in all directions and Thanatos could appreciate the beauty of it.

In the sea there was no set way for moving, unlike and world above. Above things were simple, yet complex. They could only move at one level unless there was an upper ground for them to move. No wings to soar the sky, everything was incredibly complex. There was people with pale skin who didn't like Thanatos because they thought he was 'different', they would never provide an explanation. Then there was ones like him with darker skin, tightly curled hair and dark eyes. They liked him, they said that Thanatos was like them. They were more friendly than the pale ones. Some were worried about the afterlife but after Thanatos reassured them that it wasn't too bad unless you did something horrible in life.