Chapter Thirty

Triton had forgotten what parties on Olympus were like. They were chaotic, packed and full of alcohol.

Dionysus stood in the corner turning grape juice to wine and Hermes stood beside him saying something to make him laugh. Eris was arm-wrestling with one of the fear gods, and by the looks of it she was winning. A chorus of cheers rang up when the gods hand smashed against the table. Artemis and Britomartis were dancing demonically on the dance floor, somehow not managing to spill any of their drinks. Apollo was on the stage with the muses, dancing around and singing with them while playing an unknown song on the ukulele. Hecate was gathering a small crowd while Kym taught her some dances from under the sea. While they did them together Hecate's lights were trailing around them, creating an amazing image while they twisted and twirled around one another. Hestia made flames of all colours dance above the crowds, illuminating everyone in various flashing colours. Blue, red, purple, orange, green and back to blue. Eros, Anteros and Psyche were animatedly talking and laughing loudly at a spot where Anteros could sit down to rest after being turned back into a god.

Chaotic didn't even cover it. But the party was still pure chaos.

Triton looked around again, he couldn't see Thanatos, but that wasn't who he was looking for at this moment.

He was looking for a particular Olympian. The one that had said he didn't attack anyone but that was clearly a lie.

So now, Triton was looking for Ares.

Spotting the messy mop of dark hair Triton made a beeline towards the younger god. He completely ignored the god that he was talking too, staring the Olympian in the eye before turning and walking towards a balcony. Not even checking if the other god was following.

When he reached the balcony he kept walking until he was at the edge of it. Only then did he turn around and face the god that had followed him.

Ares had a confused expression on his face, "I'm guessing you didn't want me to follow you for the usual reason gods would lead me out onto the balcony for?"

Triton didn't say anything but raised an eyebrow.

"Please say something," Ares said. "Wait I think I know what this is! Do I know you from somewhere?"

Triton gave him a wry smile at that, pushing himself off the railing he moved closer to the god, "Yeah- can't remember you that much though, can you? Do you remember me? Do you remember Kori?"

Ares stepped back, raising his hands in surrender. "Um sorry no, I don't remember a Kori."

"Really?" Triton laughed and ran his hands through his hair, "Because you killed them! But I guess you don't care enough to remember what you leave behind."

Ares clicked his fingers after a moment in deep thought, "Wait I do know you! You're Triton! Huge fan, Athena is terrified of you." He then scrambled back after Triton glared at him. "Oh sorry did you say something?"

"I said that you killed Kori," Triton said, still glaring at the god.

Don't kill him Triton, he told himself. There's too many witnesses. Let him explain first and if its not good enough then it would be real tragic if he just happened to fall over the railing.

Ares shrunk back, hands still raised. "And uh- who is Kori again?"

Triton stepped forward, making the god take another step back. "Oh lets see. They were red, had one tail and got their eyes burned out because of you."

"Oh the red mermaid?"

"The red mernix," Triton growled.

"Oh sorry, I didn't realise. Wait did you say that they died?"