Chapter Seventeen

Enjoy some curses.

Triton lurked under the Surface. Having drawn down a god with his voice he was now hiding. Playing with them.

He wasn't sure which one it was. They had dark longish hair all over their head. But they were a surfacer so Triton couldn't narrow it down as a goddess. Most gods had hair all over their heads too.

They had bright blue eyes and wore something that looked like a blanket. Something like the Romans would wear, now they were some idiots. Romans being all blah blah blah the Sea is bad blah blah. The Romans were the reason that merfolk had to start hiding. The reason the Sea became feared for the same thing they praised Olympus for.

Triton darted around the rock as the Gods eyes came to rest on him. Purposely flipping a fin above water.

A lightning bolt crashed into the water just where he had been. The energy from it lightly darted across his skin, travelling through the water.

"Where are you? You blasted mermaid," they hissed, a small cloud formed in one hand.

Triton popped up above the water and propped himself up on the rock with his elbows, "Merman actually."

"I don't care!"

Triton ducked out of the way before the bolt could touch him. Once again it rippled across his skin in the water.

It wasn't effecting him because he was a god. Good thing this was the Sea's first godly victim who had reacted violently. Most merfolk just sang until the god or goddess walked right into the trap. But Triton of course decided to mess around with this one.

Triton kept swiming around, dodging the bolts at the last second. All of them were coming from the cloud, he noted. He popped his head above the water again, "Who are you anyway?"

"I am Electra!" the god said blasting another bolt his way.

Triton ducked out of the way again, darting around to a specific part of the rock cluster. The spot where the trap had been hidden.

Funny how they were trapping the gods with a variation of their own creation. First they had captured merfolk for the gods to do what they wanted with them. Now they were being used to capture gods to lower their numbers in the fight for equality. After that hopefully the traps would no longer be used.

He got onto the rock again, "Hey Electra can you do me a favour and come over here without turning me into a fried fish?"

She looked at him, "I think that I am in the mood for smoked salmon."

Triton sighed, "Seriously?" Then he began to sing and he watched as the goddesses eyes went unfocused. She clamoured towards him desperately. The cloud had completely disappeared. Finally she stepped in the right spot and fell to the ground. The trap snapping up around her, having got its prisoner at last.

Triton stopped singing and grabbed her hand. The goddess tried to thrash but the trap held her tight.

"If you do this then war will rage. I was ordered to come here to get the demigods back and I won't stop until it is done."

"Good luck with that."

"You have no idea what you are getting into boy, this will bring war. Bloodshed. Death. You are just a mindless pawn in the game of life. You know nothing of what you are doing," the goddess said in a last attempt to get free.

"Oh I know exactly what I'm doing," Triton said and bit into her wrist.

The goddess went slack within seconds.