Chapter Twenty-Three

What do you think made Eris scared? Please tell me I wanna know what you were thinking because I don't think you'll get it right.

Hecate stepped forward to hug Eris too. After a while the goddess of Discord stopped shaking and just stood there.

"Where do we have to go?" Thanatos asked.

"The Sea, into the palace," Eris mumbled.

Hecate stepped back, "Is there anyone left to get?"

Eris nodded, "Mum, Thalassa and Apate."

Hecate nodded, "Ok, I'll go find them." Her form shimmered then split into three parts and vanished into the air.

"Do you want to sit down?" Thanatos asked.

"No we should just go to the Sea, Hecate can get the others there eventually," Eris said pushing away from him. "Don't tell anyone that I said I was scared."

Thanatos smiled at that, "I won't, come on lets go then."

"I'm serious don't tell anyone, not even your boyfriend," Eris said, gesturing with a small dagger.

"Boyfriend?"

"Yeah that fishy dude, the one with the nice eyes."

"Do you mean Triton?"

"Of course I do, he is your boyfriend right?" Eris questioned.

Thanatos wouldn't look at her, "I'm not sure actually."

"Since you met him you've changed a lot, you talk more now and don't blend in with the shadows as much."

"I can and will still stab you, changed or not."

"Why?"

"You are annoying, that hasn't changed. Can we talk about something else now if you won't shut up?"

"Ok then. Do you think Nemsis has a thing for Hecate?"

"Definitely, she gets weird when she's around."

"I know right," Eris said with a huge grin. "How about Moros then? Showed any emotion lately."

"Yeah, also apparently he has a thing for elbows."

"Elbows?"

"Yup, Moros likes elbows," Thanatos laughed.

"And we thought Morbeus was bad enough with the feet."

Thanatos shuddered. "That was bad."

"It really was."

"So what did get you that scared? Sorry to bring it back up."

"I really don't want to say, it would be better to see it for yourself," Eris said vaguely.

"Does it have anything to do with Tri?"

"Tri?"

"Triton, the fish with the nice eyes."

"So you admit that he has nice eyes, quite good-looking too."

"Back off," Thanatos said, pushing his sister away roughly with one hand.

Eris put her hands up, palm facinh him. "Alright, alright, no need for threats."

"I wasn't threatening you."

"You were about to."

"Was not."

"Yes you were, now stop arguing with me, because we both know I'm right."

Thanatos rolled his eyes, but still vanished the knife that had appeared in his hand. "So was Tri hurt? Is that what the gods did at Sea?"