Chapter Twelve

One year later

"Hey handsome," Triton said appearing beside Thanatos on the coast of the River of Fire. He never could remember the name of it and he had figured out a while ago that when Thanatos didn't have to do anything he mostly spent his time here.

Triton of course, decided to use that to his advantage to try and scare the death god every chance he could get. Unfortunately it never worked.

Thanatos offered Triton his hand and pulled him up beside him, "Greetings annoyance."

"You know you love me."

"Are you sure?"

Triton gasped dramatically and fell backwards onto the cool surface of the black rock. "You hurt me, I thought we had something!"

Thanatos rolled his eyes and kept his attention on the small ghostly butterfly that fluttered around his fingers. A small smile on his face.

Triton just watched.

He wouldn't admit it but the way Thanatos' hair was hanging loosely in front of his face made Triton melt. The red glow upon his face was simply dreamy. His wings were stretched back so they wouldn't scrap against the rock making him look angelic.

The reason he wouldn't admit that is because he has siblings.

Also he doesn't want to make Thanatos uncomfortable.

He just enjoyed watching him do mundane things like the way one would watch the waves. He made even the simple things such as watching a butterfly look magical.

Or mabye that was the red glow of the river making the butterfly stand out stark and white. Almost translucent yet fully formed.

Triton didn't understand it and he wasn't going to hurt his head thinking about it.

"I have news," Triton said breaking the blissful silence between the two.

Thanatos looked to him and raised an eyebrow, "You do?"

"I'm being used as a messenger, I know tragic."

"Let me guess, you have to tell the vampire personally?"

"Yes," Triton said before realising what Thanatos said. "The vampire being Hades right?"

"Yes the vampire is Hades."

"Then to the vampire we must go." Triton sat up and watched as Thanatos stood up.

Thanatos went to offer his hand before his eyes trailed to Triton's tails, still trailing water in the river. "You might need legs if you plan to walk."

Triton gave him a cheeky grin, "I don't plan on walking."

"Do you want me to carry you?"

Triton inwardly celebrated but didn't let it show. "That would be preferred."

Thanatos lifted Triton up as if he weighed nothing... before dropping him into a chariot filled with water.

"Thats too bad then," Thanatos said mirroring his grin from earlier.

It took Triton a moment to process what had just happened.

That moment was all Thanatos needed to get a shadow to start pulling the chariot along. Thanatos stayed walking beside.

Triton pulled his tails fully into the chariot only just noticing the back that stopped the water from pouring out. He wondered how long Thanatos had wanted to do that.

Finally he just leaned back against the 'front' of the chariot, "This is a betrayal angel."

Thanatos hopped onto the back of the chariot (apparently there was enough room for him to stand there, not that Triton cared) and leaned over him, his hands on the sides. "Is that so?"