Chapter Twenty

The notice had came.

Olympus declared war.

Accusing the Sea and Underworld of kidnapping three Olympians. They didn't care about the number of minor gods that had been taken into the depths of the Sea. They didn't care about their children, the demigods.

They only cared about the Olympians, because a full council would intimate enemies more than a council with missing pieces. A matched set. All under Zeus' control. None allowed to chose. None allowed to voice opinions. Mindless puppets to the self-proclaimed King of the Universe.

That title in itself was incredibly stupid because there are far more powerful beings in the Universe than Zeus. Chaos for one, any of the Primordials really would be more powerful.

It wasn't that Olmpus didn't care.

Thanatos mused over this all while sitting beside the River of Fire.

Olympus did care.

When Thanatos had found out about the notice of war he had found out from Triton. Everyone else had just assumed he already knew. He hadn't, if that wasn't clear before. Triton had told him that when the message had came he was in the hostage building, 'babysitting' the gods. Korigan had delivered the message. That Olympus had declared war and the reasons. The gods already there were hurt to say the least. Betrayed. Dismissed. The demigods weren't as bad, they knew that their parents didn't care about them but Triton had said that it was clear it still hurt them.

Olympus as a whole cared. Minor gods and most Olympians alike, they all cared.

But the one in charge, Zeus, the dictator did not. He didn't care about the missing demigods. He didn't care about the gods held in chains under the Sea. He didn't care about the increase of mortal deaths by shipwreck. All he cared about was power, how he could intimate possible enemies into submission.

Zeus was not feared as an individual, but Olympus as a whole was feared. The whole Olympian council was feared, thats why Zeus wanted the whole set.

Power.

Authority.

Dictatorship.

Thanatos was interrupted from his trakn of thought by a ghostly butterfly landing on his nose.

He chuckled and raised a finger up to the small animal. Watching as it flew to his finger and settled there. Thanatos smiled, "Hello little one. How did you get here all by yourself?"

The butterfly didn't answer, they never did. They don't have voices but of course they don't have a mouth to speak. Still they are adorable and Thanatos loves them.

"I wonder how you ended up at this side of the Underworld, not many would attempt to come near any of the rivers," he said as a cat jumped onto his lap. "Oh hello."

The cat gave him a small mew while curling into a ball and going to sleep.

Thanatos smiled down at the cat. It was cute. Somehow animals liked him even when most gods didn't.

"Awww thats cute," Tri cooed from the river.

Thanatos jumped, he didn't realise that the merman was there.

The cat hissed and walked off, the butterfly flew away from the cat. Leaving Thanatos alone with the grinning merman.

"Hmm did I scare you?"

"No I- I just- you surprised me."

Triton propped himself up with his arms, "I can see that. So... what are you thinking about?"