Chapter Eleven

After the event was over and most of the guests had left. Only Hades, Persephone and Thanatos remained. They sat at together at a oval table. Poseidon, Amphitrite, Kymopoleia, Anteros and Triton sat around the table.

They were all silent.

Corla swam in and took a seat beside Kym.

All was silent yet again.

"A week," Thanatos said, breaking the silence. He lifted his eyes from his hands to Hades. "How do you plan to make a plan within a week?"

Hades put his hands up in defence, "We need-"

He was interrupted by Kym, "A week is not enough time to create a plan."

"Need to avoid major mortal casualties too," Persephone said, twirling a flower between her fingers.

Triton sat there in silence, hugging Andy to himself. A week wasn't enough time. If they wanted equality, they would need a plan with no faults. A week wasn't enough time to come up with one. A week is barely enough time to spread the word across all the seas.

Corla rested her hand on the table, "I am all for beginning this as quickly as possible, as are the rest of the Octoleí. But for a plan, we would need time."

Amphitrite looked at Posiedon, "Why didn't you tell us that you wanted only one week for planning? Why didn't you consult me?"

"I would also like an answer to that," Persephone said, shooting Hades a look.

"Look, this wasn't some idea to show the might of our combined forces. It's to heighten moral, many of our subjects would share the same thoughts as you. However if we get a rough plan in this week, it will inspire the belief that we have a chance."

Anteros tapped out the tune to a song on the table, "One problem, getting a plan. Also Persephone could I please have a flower?"

Persephone smiled softly, "Yes of course." She handed the love god a blue flower.

"Allies," Thanatos said.

"What?"

"Allies, if this is a war then both sides will have allies. Who is ours?"

Kym dropped her head to the table causing Andy to yelp and snuggle against Triton.

"We have the combined might of the Sea and Underworld. Which is control over water, currents, shadows, darkness and all that jazz. Then the opposition has everything else, sky, wind, love, hunting oh and war." Kym tapped the table with each domain mentioned. "We are the outnumbered variable, a fishing boat in a hurricane."

Thanatos ran a hand down his face, "This is hopeless."

"Well do you have any ideas?"

"Yes, make a plan and gather allies. That would take time which we don't have because of someone who doesn't know the meaning of patience," Thanatos said making eye-contact with the wall opposite.

"Not all of us have a job that consists of waiting for people to die," Hades shot back.

"Well some of us can think ahead," Thanatos said.

Amphitrite slammed her hands on the table, "So allies, Anteros in a guess which cause would Eros support?"

"Ours, Aphrodite too possibly."

The Queen of the Seas, suddenly had a notebook in her hands and wrote down something. "Persephone, your mother?"

"Would support whatever I'm doing."