Chapter Twenty-Four

Trigger warning: kidnapping, blood

They rushed to the throne room where they were met with an array of angered gods.

"Whats going on?" Kym yelled over the repeated explosions.

Hecate flung her hands up as another flash of light came down towards the palace. She managed to redirect it barely. "Old Zuzu decided to try out his big boy boots today."

Poseidon scowled and summoned his trident to his hand. He spun it in his hands before pointing upwards. A ghostly sheild began appearing around the kingdom, quickly brancing out in elaborate patterns.

Anteros swam in with Eros' arm around his waist, "Well that is unnecessarily fancy."

Poseidon looked back at him, "You are back up, I didn't think Zaia would let you."

Anteros grinned, "Xe couldn't resist my charm."

"We snuck out," Eros admitted.

The Sea god shook his head, "Of course you did. Anteros you stay here, you are not to fight at all."

"But Daaaad-"

"Anteros, no," Amphitrite said.

"Yes mother."

Amphitrite turned to Persephone who was studying the encanted painting that lay on the table. "Is the Underworld under attack?"

"Hades go check, Eris go with him. If not come back here immediately, if they are attacking send back something obvious through the shadows," Persephone said. The two gods in question vanished and the Queen of the Umderworld continued on. "It's unlikely that they will attack the Underworld as Zeus is here but it could be a diversion and they are trying to dwindle our numbers."

Triton pointed to the painting at a red blob beside a grey blob, "I'm guessing these are Athena and Ares. If it was a distraction they wouldn't risk three Olympians."

Hecate glanced over, "Especially not three that powerful."

"I wouldn't say Athena is powerful," Poseidon and Triton grumbled at the same time.

Amphitrite studied the painting too, "She is a war goddess though. But Tri is right, they wouldn't have three Olympians with full backup of powerful gods as a distraction."

"Unless they knew that we would completely abandon the Underworld to go to the main fight for support," Persephone said.

Just as she said that Eris and Hades appeared back beside them, "No attack in the Underworld, all entrances are guarded by 5 Keres each. No gods in sight."

Hecate gave a weak cheer, sweat running down her face as she still put all of her strength into redirecting the constant bolts while the sheild still formed. "At least thats one good thing."

Eros looked at her before fixing Kym with a glare to make her go over to the goddess of Magic. Once Kym did, Eros turned back to Anteros with a soft expression.

Triton would've gagged at that if she didn't want Thanatos to look that him the same way.

Yes he was a hopeless romantic like that.

And yes he was in the middle of a war.

Let him be foolishly in love with a death god in peace will you?

Nemesis looked across at Hecate who sent out a new wave of magic to slow a new bolt and redirect it to the side. "You should rest, we need you for the main fight. The sheild is nearly done."

"I agree, my sheild can hold for now," Poseidon said, still pointing his trident towards the sky as the last of the sea was blocked by the faint green pattern that branched across the entire kingdom.