Chapter Fourteen

Kym swam over to Triton and smacked him over the back of the head.

"Ow what was that for?" Triton whined, sitting up from where he had been laying on his bed.

"Why didn't you tell me Thanatos' family is amazing?"

Triton fell back down, "Eh they're alright."

"Nemesis told me all that happened when you met them, why didn't you take me?" Kym complained.

The Sea god rolled his eyes, "I didn't know they'd be there. Now get out of my room."

Kym went to leave but turned back around before turning the corner, grinning like a manic. "Have fun on your date."

With a screech Triton threw his trident at her. She ducked out of the way and sped off down the hallway. The trident sticking out of the wall where the storm goddess had been moments before.

The merman willed his weapon to disappear. Returning to the train of thought that Kymopoleia had taken him out of.

What should I wear?

* * *

Triton sat on the rock that he had met the angel on. He wore what he normally wore above ground; a green shirt with black trousers.

When in difficulty, go with normalcy.

One of Triton's favourite sayings. The other being 'Panic now, do stuff later.'

Apparently above the surface they didn't have the same sayings. Then again, above the surface they made everything difficult. They shunned people for the stupidest things. A woman who can think- shunned. Someone that likes the same gender- shunned. People who don't believe the same thing- shunned. Someone who doesn't fit the gender that they were assigned at birth- shunned. Someone who is different- shunned. One who couldn't have children- shunned.

They were idiots to say the least. They didn't even protect their young! Their young were often hurt by those closest to them. Made prey to the elder predators of the human race.

To them, children are sheep. Forced to obey orders at every whim, raised for slaughter to benefit the fully grown. Raised to be perfect, to follow the leader. Incredibly trusting, even if harm is about to be brought upon them.

It was disgusting and unfortunately, it was also the norm.

"Hey."

Triton turned and gave the angel a smile, "Hey angel."

"What's wrong?" Thanatos asked, corcern washing across his face.

"Nothing, I was just thinking."

"Oh no, did you hurt yourself?"

Triton rolled his eyes, "Haha very funny."

"What were you thinking about?" Thanatos asked softly.

"The surface is so different than under the Sea. They judge for the stupidest reasons and stay divided over it. I just don't understand it," Triton said, putting his head down onto the angels shoulder. He knew Thanatos wouldn't think anything of it, because he had quickly learnt that the god was severely touch-starved. Triton wanted to help with that, it also helped that Triton showed affection through touch. Like hugging for no reason or resting his head on them randomly, or in the case of his siblings: punching them, or a whack upside the head.

As expected, Thanatos leaned against him, wrapping an arm around him. "You don't need to understand it. Mortals are weird."

"We're all weird or did you not realise that?"