Chapter Thirteen

Thanatos was leading the way through the hallways that Hades thought made his palace look better. They didn't. They just made it even more of a maze.

Luckily Thanatos had managed to memorise it or else it would have been embarrassing to get lost while leading Tri.

Extremely embarrassing.

But he didn't. That was good.

They stayed silent most of the time. Thanatos didn't mind that. It helped him concentrate on where he was heading. Also he was trying to tell who was in the throne room by the shadows. So far he could tell that his mother- Nyx, Apate, Eris, Moros and two Keres were there with Hades. Oh Thalassa and Nemesis were there too.

When they were one hallway away, still out of earshot, Thanatos stopped.

Tri looked over at him, "Why did you stop?"

"My family is there."

"All of them?"

"No, not all of them."

Triton stood in front of him, "It'll be alright."

"It's not me that I'm worried about."

"Persephone?"

"No, you."

Triton took a second to process that. "I'll be fine."

"There is two Primordials there."

"I might be fine."

"Seven of my siblings."

"Any of the good ones?"

"I have one good sister."

"Well is she there?"

"No."

Triton said something in Ocanoc before switching back to Greek. "Who else?"

"Three death gods."

"Including you?"

"No."

"If they're like you then it won't be that bad."

"I'm peaceful death, one is violent death. The other two differ between the two."

Tri sighed, "We'll have to go in eventually."

The began walking again. Thanatos decided to get the warnings out of the way, "Don't show weakness and don't look directly into either of the Primordials eyes. They will be offended. Don't be too polite or you will become a target for them."

"Alright, no eye-contact and no politeness. Got it."

"If Eris offers you a flower it will explode. If Nemesis offers you anything refuse it and do not touch it."

"So don't take anything if I'm offered it?"

"Yeah, and don't use either my mother or my cousin name as a curse."

"Sounds cheery," Triton said as they came to a stop before the tall doors.

Thanatos gave him a smile, "It isn't."

The doors opened.

Thanatos braced himself for the hug that he knew was coming. Instantly he was lifted off the ground and being squeezed by the one and only Primordial of Night. He hugged her back.

"Hello Mother," he said in his native tongue. It had no direct translation for the name of it but most just called it the Lanuage of the Pit. That name wasn't wrong, it was only used in the pit nowadays. It used to be the common language among immortals before the Gods changed it to Greek. All of the 'Nightmare children' knew how to speak it.