Hyunjin - Jealous best friend

-This was a recommendation. I hope you like it :)

Recently you had been going to cafes and restaurants with Felix. He loved the idea of taking you to try some of his favourite dishes since he has a big interest in cooking. Occasionally other members would join, but most of the time it was just you two. He was one of your closest friends, but the waiters constantly mistake you for being a couple. It was funny to you both. In reality, it was just a sweet gesture, sharing an interest with a friend. 

You are all in the dance practice room, ready to leave for the day. "Hey, do you guys want to go for food on the way home? Felix asked to the room. Everyone enthusiastically shouted 'yes' since they were all so hungry. Everyone but one. Hyunjin. 

You only needed to glance over for a few seconds to see that he want really into the idea. You walk over. "You going with them Hyunjin?" you ask quietly. He doesn't really know how to answer. "If you don't want to go I'll stay with you. We can go straight back to the dorm". A small smile formed on his lips, "as long as you're happy with that y/n" he replied cautiously. "It's no problem! We can make something to eat there".

After confirming with everyone that you're sure about staying back with Hyunjin, they all left. You left minutes later and ate at the dorm with Hyunjin. 

You watch as he finishes his food and picks up both your bowls to put away. "Hyunjin?". He hums in response. "How come you wanted to come straight back rather than eat with the boys?" you ask standing up from your seat to help him finish cleaning up. He thinks for a moment. "I have a reason y/n, but it's a stupid reason". You give him a confused look. "Tell me," you say bluntly. 

Stopping what he's doing, he stands still and you do the same. He looks uncomfortable, unable to look you in the eyes, but still stands only a few steps away. "Okay hear me out. I'm so happy you get on so well with all of us. Recently I've seen that you and Felix have been spending a lot of time together. Which is okay of course. It's just... as stupid as it sounds, I realised it made me feel jealous". He looks up to meet your eyes for a second before avoiding your gaze and continuing. "At first I didn't understand what I was feeling, but I've realised I felt that I wanted to spend time with you. Just me and you. But I needed to think of an excuse for it just be just us two. I'm sorry y/n, you could have gone to eat out with everyone but-"

"But I'm more than happy to spend the time with you" you cut him off. It's quiet and you look at each other. It's not uncomfortable, it's actually quite comforting, knowing he's wanted the same as you have. "And Hyunjin, you need no excuse, just ask me yeah?". You see the tension release from him, his body looking more relaxed. "Y/n tell me if this is too far but... can we go on a, um, date?". You let out a quiet laugh, a big smile appears on your face and you nod shyly, covering your face which has gone a little red. He is assured by your reaction that you're happy with it. 

You both naturally take those few steps closer to hug each other. Although you hadn't said very much, you both know what the other was feeling. You take your hands away from your face and put them around his waist.

"I'd love to Hyunjin, thank you"