Chan - Late Nights

As we all know Chan is a hardworking person, staying up late to finish work. So it's absolutely normal for him to be back and have to carefully climb into bed next to you so you don't wake up.

It is frustrating. Since you hope to spend time with him, especially at night since you both naturally just want to cuddle and relax talking about your day. But dating an idol, well just a person working all the time, means finding the time is difficult.

Before the relationship started, you both knew you liked each other, a LOT. But you needed to talk things over. Chan knew he wouldn't be able to give all his time to you, so he suggested to stay as friends so you don't have to deal with that sort of thing. Clearly, it didn't go that way, you loved each other, and so you both agreed to be honest with each other and let out your thoughts during your relationship. You know, just in case you think it's best not be so close.

It's 12:47. You're lying in bed, unable to fall asleep. You hear Chan come home, footsteps coming into your room. You lock eyes with him whilst lying down in your tired state.
"Y/n why are you still awake," he said with a quiet voice, which is slightly raspy since he's tired too.
"I just can't sleep Channie, please hurry and come into bed," you said with an almost weak voice.
He quickly got ready and joined you under the covers facing you.
"Is everything okay y/n?" He softly says whilst playing with your hair.
"Mhm. I'm just glad you're back now. And... To be honest I've been missing you" you tell him.
He sighs. It's one thing that annoys him, the fact he can't give you more of his time and attention.
"Baby I'm sorry, I'll try to come back early tomorrow, so we can watch a movie or something before bed?"
You couldn't help but give him a smile since you haven't done anything like that in a while. You two don't get much alone time. It's fun being around the members with Chan but sometimes you just want it to be you two, his late nights usually get in the way of that. But you remember back to that conversation, about how you promised each other to try to make it work, even though his career will often come between you.
"I'd love that Chan, thank you"
You exchange smiles and he leans to land a short kiss on your forehead.
"You missed" you whispered jokingly
He looks at you confused.
You let out a small laugh and point to your lips and repeated yourself. "You missed" but changed your tone as if you were giving him a 'hint'.
His eyes widen as his expression changed. He understood.
"Ah, I did y/n you're right" he whispered back and places a soft but longer kiss on your lips.
Although moments like this are short, he definitely makes them memorable.
"I love you y/n. And thanks for being honest, I've missed you too. I know we both knew this wouldn't be easy, but we'll carry on making us work yeah?" he said whilst keeping eye contact and a serious expression.
"Of course Chan. I love you so much, we can get through times like this. Although...  I must admit, I feel like any moment now I will fall asleep" you admittingly said with a tired voice followed by a yawn.
"Haha me too, sleep well, goodnight y/n".
And with that, you fell asleep on his arms. And it's the first time in a while where you've actually been awake with him before sleeping, rather than falling asleep alone. Chan just has his ways of making you feel safe and warm. And you can tell he's trying to be around you more, for both of your sake. You admire him so much, the effort he puts into his work, leading a group and showing his love towards you, as well as the other STAYs all over the world. He has a good heart and you know for sure he's the one for you.