Hyunjin - Hard times

Recently you noticed Hyunjin not being himself. He still smiled and laughed with the members but something was definitely bothering him. It could be many things, he could be exhausted from his schedule, maybe seen something harsh online or just having a bad day. 

You were out with the boys having a late-night meal but Hyunjin stayed behind at the dorm. You did try to convince him but he instated you go and he'd rest for a bit. Nearing the end of the meal you decide to walk home early to see Hyunjin. 

"Chan, I'm going to head back if that's okay?"

"Sure, we'll be back soon" he replies from across the table

On arrival the dorm is quiet, you find Hyunjin lying on his bed with earphones playing music. He had his back facing away from you so you surprise him by lying next to him giving him a back hug. "Hello Jinnie!" you cheer. He flinches slightly and pulled out his earphones. "Well, I wasn't expecting that" he laughs. "Why's it so quiet. You came alone?". You hum a soft yes in response. He turns to face you, a small smile forming on his lips. 

"You're so pretty, you know that y/n?" he whispered. It made your heart do backflips. 

"Thank you Hyunjin. I don't want to ruin the moment, but can I ask why you've been a bit quiet today?". He thinks for a few seconds.

"I don't know, I guess I just needed time alone. So much has happened recently. I love it and want to keep being active but at the same time I feel tired".

You can understand. You lift one hand up towards his hair to play with it a little. "Should I give you some peace and quiet then? I'll keep myself bus-" he cut you off with a small and quick kiss on the lips. 

"No, stay."

He finds it hard to express himself when he's not feeling his best. On one hand, he wants to show a smile but he doesn't want to be fake. So he just admits the truth, with a little convincing. Sometimes he just needs a break and that's okay. 

"Hey y/n, thank you for waiting for me"

The moment is cute. You two have many like this. But this time it's cut short by the door opening and 7 voices entering the dorm. You can hear Jisung over the rest singing loudly about him enjoying his meal. 

"Well, it's not quiet anymore" Hyunjin laughs.