Minho - Workaholic

It had been a typical day for the boys. Early morning, filming, meetings and new plans for upcoming performances. Minho had been given the challenge to come up with the choreography for a remix stage in just under a week. As the sun went down and night came, the members said their 'see you later's and headed back to the dorms, except for you and Minho who stayed behind in the dance practice room.  

"Y/n are you sure you don't want to go back with them, I'll be a while". You smiled at him and shook your head, "I'll stay".

What you thought would be a 2-3 hour practice, ended up being even longer than you expected. The clock was edging ever so close to midnight and Minho showed no sign of stopping. You didn't talk with him, you let him concentrate. As soon as he told you about this project earlier in the day, you knew he was nervous, but he never admitted it. 

After a while of reading some of your book and scrolling through your phone, you were getting tired but decided to watch him. Sat at the back of the room, you could see how tired he was. He kept dancing to the same short sequence of moves over and over again, making small changes or adjustments each time. But he wasn't getting anywhere. 

"Minho?" you called softly

"Yes?" 

"It's late, shall we go back?"

"No I need to practice," he said bluntly and turned back around.

You stood up and walked towards him to try again.

"I know Minho, but I can see that you are struggling, it's okay you can stop for tonight and come back in the morn-"

"NO Y/N I NEED TO GET THIS DONE" he snapped

You kept eye contact with him for a few seconds before turning to walk out of the studio. It was obvious to you that he was just going around in circles, just getting frustrated with himself and needed a rest. 

Before you made it through the door he ran and blocked your way with his arm in the doorway. 

"Y/n, I'm sorry I didn't mean to shout-" his voice was now quiet and slightly shaking. You pull him into the studio out of the doorway and wrapped your arms around him, resting your head against his chest. "I know Minho, don't worry". 

Although he doest respond straight away, his hug became warmer. He's just stressed and that's okay. It's just not always easy to get him to admit to himself that he needs a break. 

"Minho, let's go back and sleep. Your mind will feel refreshed tomorrow. I'm sure new ideas will come then. I love you, you know that? And I know for sure that you'll make the boys and stay proud".

He whispers a 'thank you' and gently kisses your forehead.