CH. 1

A.N. - I thought it'd be cool to add a song rec. every chapter from my Bucky playlist, some correlate to the chapter but others are just spontaneous.

Add. A.N. - Please disregard the MCU timeline, Age of Ultron and C.A. the Winter Soldier are switched in order to work with the story. I hated messing with the sacred timeline haha but it works best like that, everything else lines up though.

-

Song Rec. - A Sunday Kind of Love by Etta James

-

"You know what I need."

The polished bar top greets me with comfort as I take a seat in front of Leah, the bartender, and my closest friend.

I smack my purse onto the counter, rest my elbows on the top and exhale loudly.

Turning around from organizing the liquor shelf, she smirks. "Who's the asshole today?"

Without a request for a drink, she makes the whiskey tonic on the rocks, my self-prescribed medicine for headaches.

I smirk as she hands me the drink.

"Multiple assholes today." I say, sipping the cool liquid, allowing it to course down my throat before continuing, "people in the Czech Republic have been creating some anti-nationalistic organization and committing quite a list of crimes."

I drink again.

"I swear people can't sit still these days." She shakes her head and begins making me a second drink as I come to a finish on my first of tonight.

"Can you blame them? Post-blip hasn't been easy for anyone, but they're not the 'assholes' I'm talking about, it's my bosses."

To no surprise that doesn't baffle her.

"Yeah, they're expecting me to shut the organization down," I snap my fingers, "like that."

"I know that won't be hard with your, you know?.." Her volume lowers and she shimmies her fingers in a magical gesture, but in an amusingly secretive way.

"Yeah, but I can't portal if I don't know where I'm going."

Her discretion of my powers was useless since I could care less about talking about them, no one sees proof considering I don't like using them.

"I wasn't an Avenger, nor' did I fight alongside them, and yet they feel entitled to shed blame on me like I could control any of it."

I down the drink with ease as I reminisce on their coldness.

"Okay, first of all, slow down, secondly, why don't you quit? I told you I'd hire you on the spot. Throwing yourself into work like that isn't healthy Elena. Hang on."

Another customer enters the bar and she goes to greet them, leaving me to contemplate.

I suppose she was right. As a US global personnel rep., I had a lot on my plate.

People were scrambling to find their way home and governments had been shut down or turned over during the 5-year blip and I suppose I was in the middle of it all.

My capabilities were used as both a ball and chain and yet upper hand in position.

Although I never used them, others predetermined me to be a threat before being given the chance to prove my normalcy these days.

Finding it difficult to escape my thoughts, I turn my head to see a warm sight of Mr. Nakajima.

He sat only a seat away, his feet resting comfortably on the bars of the barstool and a beige hat laying atop his gray-haired head.