CH. 28

-

Song Rec. - Blinded by Your Grace, Pt. 1 by Stormzy

18+ Scene

-

Normal.

Sitting here on the bed, entirely and irrevocably in love with the moment. Feeling like this could be a normal thing for us if it wasn't for the chaos we had been enduring the last couple of days.

I know that we had to soak it up for as long as possible because we didn't know how long it would last.

Bucky helped start a shower for me after we confessed our love, leaving me to scrub away at my scalp and skin.

He ended up getting caught hanging outside the shower curtain as I giggled at his shyness, opening it and grabbing his hand, pulling him in to join me.

Was it ideal? No. Not at all. It was a bathtub type so we had room to breathe, but he still was towering over me.

His eyes trailed down my body, his face turning serious as he saw the bruise on my stomach, my hands covering it self-consciously.

His hands came up and removed them, holding my waist as he looked down at it.

"It's okay Bucky, it'll heal quickly." And it would, but it still hurt like hell, my body working hard to heal it, leaving me exhausted in the process.

"God, I'd kill John if he touched you again." His voice grew dark, the water hitting his face as he stared at the bruise, my hands reaching up to his face.

"No, Bucky. Don't be like him. You're not like that."

The humming of the shower surrounded us as his eyes met mine, a mixed feeling in my stomach as his hands ran down my sides, crouched slightly with his height.

"I just can't let anything happen to you. Not like last time."

I didn't know which last time he was referring to as I thought of it.

On the trucks a few days ago or in the bathroom with my shoulder? Or maybe it was for what happened decades ago when he fell off the train and I was kidnapped by Hydra.

He held onto that, like a knife to his neck. As if he had to tread carefully amongst that memory even though he himself nearly died in it.

"It wasn't your fault, and you can't take the blame for everything that happens to me."

His eyebrows scrunched up, water streaming down his and my face, causing us to squint as we looked at each other.

Then his eyelids fell softly, the corners of his lips curling as his eyes made their way all over my face, giving me this look.

This look that had my heart quenching in my chest, the water running down the two of us, being the only thing separating us from each other.

"I can't seem to get enough of you. How perfect you are from seventy years later."

Melting like butter, the words slid off his tongue and onto my skin, relishing in them as pure ecstasy filled my body.

My hands spoke in their own actions, trailing up to behind his neck, going on my tippy-toes as I pulled him down to meet his lips.

The warm water invaded our mouths as we took in each other's tastes, his hand going up to my cheek as he deepened the kiss more than it could be.

All the pain and the crying and the feeling that I was lost, was taken away by Bucky. Needing to entirely accept him into my vulnerable self, to love me like he once did a lifetime ago.