CH. 11

-

Song Rec. - Fooled Around and Fell in Love by Elvin Bishop

A.N. - I know this song was in the GOTG soundtrack but it's honestly what inspired me to write a fanfic of Bucky so it's a special recommendation for me as I created a storyline to go with the verses.

-

After rinsing my face off and drying it with the small towel, I turn the light off and quietly go through the other bathroom door.

Keeping my eyes trained to the floor to not trip over anything, I go straight for the kitchen.

I open the refrigerator, and of course, it was completely empty aside from two water bottles sitting on the top shelf, compliments of the hotel.

I grab one and chug it down, feeling my lightheadedness fade as I empty the bottle.

A loud thump from the living room causes me to jump and ready myself for an attacker.

I throw the plastic bottle into the trash next to me and creep over to the living room around the bar top.

The dark gray couch was empty as I looked that way.

I step further in, finding Bucky on the ground with the blanket and pillow I had given him earlier.

His bareback was hunched over his one bent knee, hand in his hair as he breathed in short breaths.

He seemed entirely shaken.

As I take another step towards him the floor creaks, causing Bucky to snap his head up in my direction.

"Did I wake you, I'm sorry," I say, clenching my teeth as I nervously shift back on my feet.

He stays quiet as he wipes his nose with his thumb and combs his hair back, sweat drips going down his forehead.

I quickly turn and walk over to the refrigerator, pulling out the other water bottle and handing it to him after I tiptoed back to where I was.

He takes it and gives me a small smile along with a grumbled thank you.

The flashback of his uniformed self comes into my mind as I look at him, leaving me to panic in my head.

"Well I don't wanna bother you, I'm just gonna hang out on the patio."

I don't wait any longer as I rush over to the patio doors, sliding it open quietly then shutting it behind me.

"What the hell?" I whisper, running my hand over my face as I walk over to the rail. 

The cool breeze blew softly on my face and exposed arms as I watch the sleeping city below, leaning on the rail as to get any closer.

Bright lights decorate the night sky as tall buildings fill the spaces in the city.

In the silence I hear the patio door open and turn to find Bucky standing there, looking down as he steps through, his hands on either side of the opening as his chest is bare.

I look at his sweat-shined stomach for a moment before quickly turning back around, feeling my cheeks warm as he closes the door and walks over to the railing.

"What's keeping you up?" He leans on the railing, looking out at the city as well.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to tell him, my recovering mind knows him well but my present mind had only met him yesterday.

I hesitate for a moment, "Um-I don't know, memories or maybe dreams. I can't seem to tell the difference anymore. You?" I ask, looking over at him as he does the same, thinking things over in his mind as his eyes seemed busy.