CH. 17

-

Song Rec. - Japanese Denim by Daniel Caesar

-

"Guys what the hell happened?!"

Sam grabs my arm and pulls me with him down the stairs.

We run into the crowded street as I hear rushed footsteps behind us.

"Selby's dead." Sam replies.

Bucky runs to the right of me as we hurry through the crowd.

"Who the hell killed her?" I look at the two of them as we hurry.

Before they could answer rounds of gunshots came our way.

"I can't run in these heels!" Sam yells, trying to dodge the bullets on my right.

Quickly I turn, making a portal into a shield and sending the bullets through and back at the shooters I see.

Bucky grabs at my waist as the shooters near closer.

"Elena come on we're out-numbered!" He yells.

Before I could contest we duck down, someone in front of us taking down the rest of them.

As we get up I feel his warm hand on my thigh, his fingers sliding into my dress and tugging it down to cover me.

My eyes meet his as his hand pulls away, a hot streak left where the tips of his fingers slid beneath the silk.

We avert our attention as we see someone exit from the shadows just as Zemo returns from the alley to our right.

He steps over to our side as he looks over all of the bodies. "You seem to have a guardian angel."

Gun pointed in our direction I see none other than Sharon Carter.

"Well, this is too perfect." She directs the gun at Zemo, "drop it Zemo."

As if on cue he drops it, holding his hands up as Sam steps between them.

"Sharon Carter?" I say, remembering her case files and the fact that she was related to the founder of Shield, as Peggy Carter's niece.

She looks over at me, gun still pointed at Zemo. "Elena Summers. Weird to see you out of shackles."

She looks back over at Zemo as I feel Bucky's hand on my back, still covered with his leather jacket.

"You cost me everything." Her face is cold as she clicks the back of the gun, preparing to pull the trigger.

Bucky steps up and away from me, his hand up in guard.

"Sharon wait. Someone recreated the Super-Soldier serum and Zemo had a lead."

Sharon holds the gun up still, her finger sliding off the trigger but still keeping her position.

"That explains why you guys are here and Selby's dead."

"So what are you doing here." Bucky asks.

Sharon's face turns sour as she speaks, "I stole Steve's shield, remember? I also took the wings for your ass-"she points the gun at Sam-"so that you could save his ass-" then pointing at Bucky "-from his ass." Finally returning back to Zemo before dropping her hand to her side. "Unlike you I didn't have the Avengers to back me up. So I'm off the grid in Madripoor." She gestures around the dark and dirty alley.

"Don't blow that smoke at me. I was on the run too." Sam speaks up, Sharon's face returning a scowl.

"Was. Is. Big difference. I don't speak to my family." Her eyes shift over to me then back at Sam as she speaks. "I can't. My father doesn't know where I am."