CH. 39

-

Song Rec. -  Let Me Sign by Robert Pattinson

-

"Hang on Elena, I'll be back."

Coldness greets me as I force my eyes open, feeling the rough asphalt under me as I tried to stand up.

I struggled though, hissing out as I felt pain radiate from my shoulder.

My other one tingled with fiery heat, my hand struggling to reach the spot of pain before I dropped it back down to my side, accepting that it was too painful to move it.

Bringing my attention to where I was, I coughed out.

Smoke filled the air, blinding my sight of anything in front of me, my good hand waving in the air as to clear it from coming near.

"Come on!" I heard from the smoke, seeing nothing but chaos as bodies were thrown to the ground.

My eyes searched for an exit, looking up to see a man with a gun in his hand, looking down at the chaos he had caused as he shot another bomb of smoke.

I needed to take cover.

Anyone here could be against me.

As long as I escaped the open then I could recover enough to make a run for it.

Looking to my right, I see levels of steel paths, forming a hall of poles.

I run over to it without hesitation, wounding around the poles as I heard yells come from the middle of the smoky area.

"Elena's gone!" I heard from where I came from.

I stopped for a second, turning my head in that direction, but the smoke entirely blocked whoever would be over there.

"Elena, wait!"

Looking to my left I see a man in a white suit, wearing goggles and a half-face mask as he began to walk towards me.

Something felt different.

My head and shoulder throbbed in pain as I looked at him with wide eyes, slowly walking away from him.

"Buck, over here!" He alerted someone else, turning his back as I took that as my opportunity to run.

"Elena!" A different man's voice came from behind me.

I ran through a steel doorway, escaping the smoky air as everything was covered in plastic and metal sheets.

Stop.

The voice faded in my head, leaving me to slow my steps for a moment as I wounded the corner of the path.

Turn around.

There it was again.

Just do it.

In a quick snap, I look over my shoulder, my feet slowing even more as I see figures following me.

First, it was a man in a blue suit, then the same man in the white suit who yelled for me earlier, then there was a third man.

My feet stopped.

We all stopped, my attention entirely taken away from the other two as I looked at the one man in a leather jacket.

My eyebrows furrowed as I felt the nerves in my brain buzz, my hands twitching at my sides as he walked past them.

"Elena. It's us." He tried warily, my ears recognizing his voice from earlier as it was the same one that woke me.  "I need you to come back, please."