CH. 25

-

Song Rec. -  Bad Boy by the Jive Bombers

-

Walking up to Zemo's townhome, we both stayed silent, hand in hand as we walked up the steps.

The chilly air kissed my nose as we opened the doors, the heating of the foyer immediately warming my skin as we walked in.

Before we could go in, hearing Sam and Zemo talking, I pull on Bucky's hand to stop him.

"What? Is everything okay?" He whispers, looking over to where they were before looking back at me.

"Yeah I just need a moment, I'll be out in the back," I say back, grasping his hand as it held mine tightly, pulling my fingers out of it as I give him a smile.

"Do you want me to come with you?" His brows scrunched up as he stayed near me, my feet slowly swaying back.

"No, it's okay. I'll be quick."

The worried wrinkles didn't leave his face as he nodded.

He needed more reassurance.

I took a step back towards him, going up on my tippy-toes and bringing my lips to his.

For a moment he was taken back, but he quickly got into it as he returned the kiss, his hands placed on my sides, soaking in the taste of each other for a moment.

I pull away, looking at him as his blue iris' waned from his heavy eyelids.

"Okay, I'll be back," I say, a smile on my face as his face no longer showed worry, my feet brought me back towards the door as he nodded his head.

Opening the front door I felt the chill hit me once again, closing it behind me as I make my way around the home, through the gate, and to the back.

Reaching the back patio I stepped up onto it, leaning myself onto the wood railing of it.

I didn't need time away from Bucky, just time to recollect. Everything overwhelmed me as options opened and others slowly began to close in.

I already had to explain to Bucky of everything that has happened, and why I didn't tell them of certain things.

He knows me more than anyone else the more I think of it, but when it comes to Sam, he made it his job to survey people's emotions and physiological movements.

I just hoped that while I stood out here, Bucky was filling him in on everything.

Footsteps approached in front of me, shaking me out of my thoughts.

Looking up I'm entirely taken back as a woman wearing warrior-like clothes approached me with a spear.

"Elena Summers, we're here for Zemo."

My eyes widened, her strong accent punctuating how important the event was as she so easily knew who I was. Her spear rested next to her, my eyes drawing to it as another woman appeared to the left of her, spear up in attack as she neared closer.

"Um-okay I'm not going to argue then..." I bring my hands up and move from the doorway, the other woman putting her spear down and waiting for the main one to walk forward.

"I see you found your way back to James then Ms. Summers." She adds, giving me a small nod as she proceeds in, leaving me baffled at how much she knew.

As they both walked in I followed closely after, hearing a steel plate drop from the foyer, my sight blocked by the two women. In an instant the woman in front pulls her arm back, shooting the spear forward at something.