CH. 2

-

Song Rec. - Tears on my Pillow by Little Anthony & The Imperials

-

My feet sting as I run through the snow.

My white long sleeve uniform failed to suffice as suitable clothing out in the winter cold.

The loud bangs of the battle just behind me rang in my ears as I barely dodge the tall, dark trees, tripping occasionally over rocks and branches.

I turn around to see a red rocket flying in the sky, shooting at the facility.

Making loud spewing noises, it flies closer towards the exit I had escaped from.

I stop as it lands, and when it turns I notice a golden face and glowing shape on the front of what appears to be a metal suit.

At that point I knew it wasn't a rocket, it was Iron Man.

I run to hide behind a tree as its glowing eyes searched the area I was in.

"Friday, scan the area." He said, raising his right hand up, a small circle illuminating from the palm of the suit.

I tuck back behind the tree as he turns in my direction.

"Hey, now's probably not the best time to play hide and seek."

My breath hitches, knowing I'll be brought back in.

"I can't trust you. You or any of your people." I say as I try my hardest to pull energy from my palms, rusty from the imprisonment.

After a final push of effort, energy emerges from them, and I huff in relief.

"Um, yeah not sure if I should be offended or not. But why don't you come on out so my people can help you? You don't really sound Sokovian so maybe we have the same people."

His voice sounded serious, and yet it still held an invitingly sarcastic tone to it.

My body warms as the energy courses through my veins and begins flitting out of my hands. I step out, readily prepared to fight.

"Woah, okay. Maybe not entirely our people." He begins stepping forward, causing me to shuffle back.

"I have to get out of here," I say, hands creating a ball of energy. "And I can't let anyone know where I'm going, especially you people." I step forward and launch energy towards him, encasing his suit in a blue light of wisps.

He brings his hand up, the sound of a powering machine beginning to emerge but is quickly faltered as I shut it down.

I tear out the memory of myself and then open a portal beside me, stepping through as I leave him falling down to his knees, attempting to recover from my temporary use of magic.

I find myself stepping onto a sidewalk, looking around as I shade my eyes from the bright sun, attempting to figure out where I was.

On a window, to my left, there was a poster that read, "Brooklyn's Best Coffee."

The hot sun made me sweat as I took in the busy street.

Before I could look around any further, 3 large black trucks promptly stopped directly in front of the curb.

Men emerged from the trucks, surrounding me and then separating for a thin and yet fit man.