CH. 33

-

Song Rec. - Arms by Christina Perri

-

We sat for a little while, talking about the Walker situation, the events of court, and then the interrogation.

I left out the part about Dr. Raynor, just to avoid any further discomfort for Bucky.

I didn't tell him about what she said, just more so that they had someone come in and speak with me to ask about how I was dealing with everything.

"So they got you a therapist to make sure you were stable then?"

The question seemed defensive, but his facial expression let me know that he was taken back by my telling.

I explained at best that I could, attempting to shift the conversation from the person being a therapist to more so that they were doing a wellness check.

In the end, he seemed to have bought it, nodding his head slowly, seemingly allowing me to end the conversation right then and there.

I didn't want him to know that Dr. Raynor talked about him, I mean I didn't know what he'd think of it, or how he'd feel towards her so it was a relief that the discussion ended there.

Sooner or later I must've dozed off though as I sat up in the bed, looking over at Bucky who was slumped next to me, his vibranium arm stretched up over his head as my face had been laying on his bare chest.

He always seemed to look so peaceful when he slept. The stressed lines on his face entirely smoothed over as he laid still.

I turned over to the alarm on the bedside table, the time reading 7:23 a.m., the green lines blinking as I sighed, not feeling like going back to sleep.

The sun barely shone through the sheer curtain, giving the room a blue-shaded dim of color, the plant by the window casting shadows sprawling onto the covers of the bed.

I swiped my hand up to my eyes, rubbing the grogginess out of them as I unintentionally let out a yawn, pulling my hands up to stretch the tight muscles from the night.

"Elena? You okay?" Bucky's voice filled the room, coming in as a low grumble from behind me.

I turn around to find him sitting up, his eyes squinted as he looked at me.

I flipped my hair over and sniffed, putting my hand down on the bed.

"Yeah, I'm okay."

I give him a smile to let him know that it was genuine. I know it was rare that one of us wasn't waking up from nightmares at this point.

"You can go back to sleep though, I didn't mean to wake you."

He turned his head over to look at the clock, my eyes watching as he referred over to the dim skylight outside then finally back to me.

"What'd you want to do today?" He finally asked, a genuine smile stretching over my lips as I leaned forward, tossing my leg over his own as to straddle him.

His hands moved to their usual spots on my hips, the plan for today already laid out in my head.

I knew there was still the outside world to think of though.

"Well, I think it's a good time to go see Sam." I slowly run my fingers along his stomach, raising my eyebrows at Bucky as he sighed. "You need to let him know that you're here for him, especially after all that's happened," I add, giving him a knowing look.

"I know." He replied, looking away for a moment as his hand ran up my side, his head tilting as he watched his hand move. "So are you coming with me?"

I adjusted my body towards him, nodding my head.